U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2018, 07:03 PM

897 posts, read 265,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
How practical/impractical would it be to use an extension cord and power strips in the shed? Maybe one end could be plugged in somewhere in your garage?

You'd just have to remember to unplug when you're done using your she shed. But that way, you could have a lamp or 2, or maybe a fan.
It'd have to go across a field and be moved when we mow. I really liked those YETI portable power sources, which would be good to have in the event of an emergency, too. We have a gas generator, too, but that thing is huge and noisy.

Daybed is actually what I'd planned on using for a couch. Couch for reading, napping, listening to music. I also LOVE LOVE the idea of hanging herbs to dry from the ceiling beams. Fragrance! And I do burn candles and incense, so that's a given
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2018, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyRoos View Post
https://youtu.be/Ffs4gSJjjV4

I love this commercial LOLOLOL
Me,too!

Old 09-11-2018, 09:49 PM

6,024 posts, read 5,798,623 times
What happened to your bees?

Old 09-11-2018, 10:12 PM

16,736 posts, read 20,490,725 times
I have created a she-shed in a small 1 bedroom apartment in the middle of an urban area.

I have a 1-bedroom apartment in a subsidized senior building, and I have a tiny balcony.

I live alone, so what I did, is I set up my living room with a daybed that is also my sleeping bed, and my bedroom is my she-shed. It has a table in the middle, a shelving unit on one wall, a large dresser under the window, and a workbench on another wall, with the large closet on the other wall.

I have grow lights over a shelf on the shelving unit, and also over the dresser which is under the window.

In that space, I have a large tub of basil under the grow lights, which gives me a constant supply of fresh basil, I have my work bench for art projects. I have a table in the center that can also be rolled into the living space if I need it - always put everything on casters! Tons of storage space, my shelves hold my gardening stuff. Right now, my tomatoes are just winding up on the balcony.

A she-shed is mandatory for my lifestyle. Whether I lived alone or not. I need gardening and artwork space. I just finished a large art project, which was me painting and then stenciling two large room dividers to use between my kitchen and living areas. Huge project. But, in my she-shed bedroom/craft room, I have my paints and stencils and tarps, etc.

I'd much rather have a craft room than a bedroom. My space is my own, so I don't have to compromise. But, if I was you, I'd tell my SO you need your she-shed just like he needs his tools, garage, whatever. Men have no problem stating their needs regarding these types of things, with the absolute expectancy that it is non-negotiable. So, that's the way you should approach it, too. Babe, if you want me to be happy, this is what I need. And any smart man knows - if mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy :-)

Old 09-12-2018, 01:47 AM

6,121 posts, read 3,320,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyRoos View Post
https://youtu.be/Ffs4gSJjjV4

I love this commercial LOLOLOL
Until I saw the commercial I had never heard the term. It's even worse than "man cave."

Old 09-12-2018, 09:26 AM

34,571 posts, read 42,724,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Until I saw the commercial I had never heard the term. It's even worse than "man cave."
I like Thank u ary better.

Old 09-12-2018, 12:37 PM

6,024 posts, read 5,798,623 times
Quote:

Likewise, and agreed. But I think they are just contemporary faddish buzz words that will eventually lose fad favour in time and people will go back to referring to them by the historically usual term of 'inner sanctum'.

Old 09-12-2018, 04:09 PM

490 posts, read 129,929 times
Quote:
I agree. It keeps reminding me of the "she sells seashells" rhyme, for one thing, LOL

I wonder if She-Ra, Princess of Power, had a She Shed. Inquiring minds want to know! ;-)

(if so, then He-Man must have had a He-Mancave....)

Old 09-12-2018, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
What happened to your bees?

I had to give them up I was having a hard time handling the heavy boxes by myself and hubs was not a bee guy. I also seemed to be developing a strong reaction to stings, rather than becoming immune to them. I also didn't really want to keep creating new hives, to add to my work - which you almost have to do. I daydream that I will try again when I am retired.

Old 09-13-2018, 05:38 AM

7,245 posts, read 9,598,026 times
And State Farm thanks you very much, for that is what advertising is supposed to do. I had heard she shed but it was not something that was in the local vernacular, at least in my area. Now I will bet there are a whole lot more people who have heard of she sheds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or