U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2018, 08:22 AM

23,892 posts, read 17,582,241 times

Advertisements

i spotted some of these on a walk a couple years ago, a few blocks from my house. the berries are pretty eye-catching. i didn't give it much thought at the time.

yesterday i tore into a huge bunch of weeds growing on and around my fenceline, that i had completely cleared out early last fall. turns out that most of it was porcelain berry, and the amount of growing these things had accomplished in a single year was mind-boggling. some of the vines were over 25 feet.
and.. they were producing plenty of berries, some of which undoubtedly fell on the ground as i was weeding, not to mention the ones already eaten by birds who will poop the seeds out all over creation.
the vines look extremely similar to native wild grape until the berries appear.

just as i was hoping to get the oriental bittersweet under control, these show up

is anyone else fighting these things?

http://www.docs.dcnr.pa.gov/cs/group...cnr_010236.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden