U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2019, 07:49 AM

1,965 posts, read 2,498,490 times

Advertisements

https://youtu.be/jA8EG44BMLg

Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2019, 07:51 AM

Excellent. Plan on going there on Saturday. They normally have the Premium in stock?

Looking to aerate, seed, and fertilizer in 2 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC211 View Post
Yep thatís the one! Iíve also used their other one a couple of rows down, their standard tall fescue, which was a bit cheaper and all they had available at that time I went. I canít remember, but I think the premium is around $49 and the regular was around $39, covers 5,000sf if I recall.

The best results Iíve ever gotten regardless of seed type was when I added the alfalfa and soybean meal to the new seeding. That stuff makes seeds germinate like mad. Stinks for a few days, but man, I have never in my life seen anything that can make a lawn react like that stuff can. If budget willing (right in the middle of reflooring our basement), Iím going to do it this year, on top of a slow release feed. As long as the ground stays above 50 for about three weeks, the new stuff with the alfalfa and soybean should all come in strong and thick.

Old 08-16-2019, 08:53 PM

2,294 posts, read 1,918,197 times
They typically do, but might be worth a call first to make sure. If not in the store, then in the warehouse and it’ll be a few days for the delivery truck to deliver to that store.

If you want to try the alfalfa and soybean stuff - Loudoun Milling about 5 miles west of Leesburg right off 7 is where I get mine from. 50lb bags. When I was bringing our lawn back from the dead, I went heavy with 5 bags of each for a 10,000 sf lawn area. Now with the lawn back to life, I can do 3 bags each to get it going again.

That natural stuff I used from HD a few weeks ago seems to be doing a nice job though too, and strongly suspect it’s mostly soybean for a lot less money. My lawn is looking the best on the street with minimal usage of the sprinkler system. Others look stressed pretty badly right now..

Old 08-17-2019, 07:41 PM

Went up there today, but they were out of stock.

Will say temps remain in the 90s yet my lawn is doing the same. Irrigation system is only being used once a week as should be, although I see too many people watering every 2 or 3 days.

Countdown is on to beginning fall renovation....aerating, seeding and starter fertilizer. Cooler temps are around the corner...

Quote:
They typically do, but might be worth a call first to make sure. If not in the store, then in the warehouse and itíll be a few days for the delivery truck to deliver to that store.

If you want to try the alfalfa and soybean stuff - Loudoun Milling about 5 miles west of Leesburg right off 7 is where I get mine from. 50lb bags. When I was bringing our lawn back from the dead, I went heavy with 5 bags of each for a 10,000 sf lawn area. Now with the lawn back to life, I can do 3 bags each to get it going again.

That natural stuff I used from HD a few weeks ago seems to be doing a nice job though too, and strongly suspect itís mostly soybean for a lot less money. My lawn is looking the best on the street with minimal usage of the sprinkler system. Others look stressed pretty badly right now..

Old 08-17-2019, 08:13 PM

2,294 posts, read 1,918,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin2Reston View Post
Went up there today, but they were out of stock.

Will say temps remain in the 90s yet my lawn is doing the same. Irrigation system is only being used once a week as should be, although I see too many people watering every 2 or 3 days.

Countdown is on to beginning fall renovation....aerating, seeding and starter fertilizer. Cooler temps are around the corner...
Ah man that stinks they were out of stock! Theyíll happily put the order in for their weekly warehouse delivery for you though (theyíve done that for me a few times, think it comes every Thursday).

Iím ready for a cool down! Not ready for ďstick seasonĒ, as I live the full trees, but the heat and humidity is rough..

Old 08-24-2019, 10:42 AM

Great saving at $13.00 a bottle for your trees and shrubs:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004TT36D6

Old 08-24-2019, 10:45 AM

Past couple of days have definitely been welcomed, but donít think we are totally done with the heat.

However definitely time to think fall lawn car:

Fall Lawn Care

Quote:
Ah man that stinks they were out of stock! Theyíll happily put the order in for their weekly warehouse delivery for you though (theyíve done that for me a few times, think it comes every Thursday).

Iím ready for a cool down! Not ready for ďstick seasonĒ, as I live the full trees, but the heat and humidity is rough..

Old 08-29-2019, 06:15 PM

https://youtu.be/BF8Z3XTxLOk

Old Today, 07:50 AM

September is the most important time to fertilize a cool season bluegrass and tall fescue lawn. A healthy dose of fertilizer prepares the grass for its rapid growth during fall. The plant’s internal processes use this application to build strong roots and food reserves.

November is the second most important time to fertilize. This application should be done about the time of the final mowing of the season, usually mid-month. This enables the lawn to green up earlier without encouraging the excessive shoot growth that often accompanies early spring applications.

Nitrogen, the first number listed on a bag of fertilizer, is the foundation of a nice lawn. This nutrient can quickly leach from the soil, requiring additional applications for best growth. How often you fertilize over a year depends on how much maintenance you want to do. But even lawns that don’t get much care will benefit from the September application.

https://www.kansascity.com/living/li...170609262.html

Old Today, 08:35 AM

Warm weather ahead makes the perfect time for lawn care.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or