U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 06:51 PM

15,444 posts, read 24,457,095 times

Advertisements

This is the first time I ever had a cactus that flowered. This little stalk thing was growing out of no where, and this is what it turned into. I feel so proud to have a cactus that bloomed, I didnt know they could.
This log planter is in my bathroom, which gets full sun from sunrise till 1pm, where it goes around. I call this my magic log, nothing ever dies in this log. I had originally planted many small cactus in it, never thinking they would grow, boy was I in for a surprise.....
Attached Thumbnails
flowering cactus-cactus-2019-001.jpg   flowering cactus-cactus-2019-002.jpg   flowering cactus-cactus-2019-003.jpg   flowering cactus-cactus-2019-004.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 12:57 AM

39,108 posts, read 46,469,187 times
That's actually a succulent (aloe species) not a cactus. Very nice looking and e-z to grow. Don't overwater it.

Old Today, 07:14 AM

^,
I had no idea what it really was, there was a storefront here in the city that had all these little cactus things, so i bought a bunch, never thinking......

i water once a week, as the soil dries out pretty fast, but its always better to underwater than to over water, so i think....

Old Today, 09:15 AM

3,008 posts, read 1,162,866 times
They have to live a while and be in a location they like to bloom, so congratulations. Some I had for years before I found out they flowered, but I think most of them do. If those flowers pollinate, they can start to grow a baby right on that stalk. You can put it on the dirt in another pot, still attached to the mother plant, and it'll root. Then you cut the cord and start over.

Old Today, 06:18 PM

^, I had no idea these even flowered, they have mutiplied, as you can see the smaller ons around it.
Im just running out of space, as another one was also in the log, and is now in a seperate flower pot on my other ledge.
Im running out of windows, lol.
but it was fun to see this happen.

thank you all for your responses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden