U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2019, 11:58 AM

51 posts, read 84,998 times

Advertisements

Well unfortunately we can't trust anything coming out of Trumps EPA. The first guy Trump appointed (Pruitt?) was forced to resign for abuse of power. Next guy is no better. Both would prefer EPA to be entirely disbanded. Who needs clean air and water anyhow. In the interim, they'll methodically roll back any law their buddies no longer want to comply with.

A
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2019, 12:35 PM

2,769 posts, read 1,037,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txfriend View Post
There is no need for measles shots and there is no global climate change. Painting houses with lead paint is good and asbestos is good insulation. I’m going to believe everything someone post on the internet and what Trump says.

Good examples of non-problems used for political purposes:

-yes, aerosolized asbestos can pose health problems (to smokers; minimal risk to non-smokers) BUT- once in place, it's actually safer to just leave it there. But the politicians & lawyers got involved, forcing removal of it. The removal process aerosolizes it and puts those nearby in jeopardy. Real Smart.

-measles- a very common childhood disease prior to the marketing of the vaccine around 1965. Death rate from measles started going down in the '30s and was negligible by 1950. The vaccine didn't change that any....Now the EcoNazis & Nannycrats are demanding everyone be vaccinated. But think about it: if you and yours are vaccinated, why worry about anyone else's immune status? Let them take their chances, if they prefer. You won't be affected.

-Pb removed from paint & fuel around 1975- no change in rate of observed Pb poisoning and no increase in IQ scores for any group. Did the tough regs accomplish anything practical?

-"Climate Change" is only believed by those too young to remember the weather 60 yrs ago: among other cycles, there's a dominant 60 yr cycle in the weather. There's been essentially no warming for the last 20 yrs and the bureaucrats had to cheat and change the records to prevent it from showing cooling. If you believe it's warming, then you haven't been following the story closely enough or thinking critically.

In regards chemicals & food: OK OK Let's all agree they're bad for us!... Now the question is how bad?...The Answer: they do so little harm that the effect is lost as noise in the data-- it can't be discerned from normal, natural year to year variations in the numbers.

Old 05-03-2019, 01:49 PM

23,997 posts, read 30,112,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellmabt View Post
Well unfortunately we can't trust anything coming out of Trumps EPA. The first guy Trump appointed (Pruitt?) was forced to resign for abuse of power. Next guy is no better. Both would prefer EPA to be entirely disbanded. Who needs clean air and water anyhow. In the interim, they'll methodically roll back any law their buddies no longer want to comply with.

A
that is just government in general. its funny how the democrats and republicans think that the government is only trustworthy when their party is in the white house.

the truth is that the government is never to be trusted. nobody on earth has done more evil than government.

Old 05-03-2019, 02:49 PM

6,846 posts, read 2,793,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
that is just government in general. its funny how the democrats and republicans think that the government is only trustworthy when their party is in the white house.

the truth is that the government is never to be trusted. nobody on earth has done more evil than government.
Oh, so Monsanto's sponsored research into pesticide/herbicide hazards is any more trustworthy? One rather large difference; the bottom line.

Studies into potential effects caused by Roundup have spanned a long line of administrations...of both parties.

Old 05-03-2019, 02:50 PM

1,577 posts, read 547,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post

What a joke ❗️Trusting the government is about the same as trusting big pharma, the food industry, chemical companies or any large corporation or the medical industry. Profits outweigh human health or safety and you have to be really naive to have any trust today, as unfortunate as that is❗️

Old 05-03-2019, 05:12 PM

567 posts, read 153,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellmabt View Post

A
What has Trump to do with it? Check all EPA leadership as well as FDA people who used to work for Monsanto and then moved on to the FDA to determine what we eat and what the regulations would say about the use of different products.
This is going on like .. wait for it....drumroll...insert your favorite President name ... forever!

Old 05-03-2019, 07:00 PM

12,509 posts, read 16,593,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennywally51 View Post
I trust the EPA about as far as I can toss this house.....

I think it's about $$$

I don't believe them.....not one tiny bit.....

No one in their right mind would trust the EPA in any administration if they had ever ever visited the agency's headquarters in D.C. The word bureaucracy doesn't come close to describing what I saw in the 1990s. It was like walking onto the set of the old 1980s movie called Brazil but without the pneumatic message tubes. At least I didn't see any tubes hanging above the cubicles.

Old 05-03-2019, 09:12 PM

25,835 posts, read 32,811,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
I have no use for a week killer that kills everything. I mix up various weed killers and spray them and it minimizes the weeds in my yard. I run into problems with certain weeds that are resistant to most weed killers. Chickweed and Creeping Charlie have been difficult for me to eliminate.
Really? Wow. Round-up is my number one aide in my yard.

Old 05-03-2019, 11:33 PM

6,028 posts, read 13,096,819 times
Husband has been wanting one of those weed blow torch toys for a long time, and I'm thinking this father's day he might just get his wish. We've been using a combination of salt, vinegar, and Dawn on our weeds and it works great. We pull by hand the larger ones, but that works with the smaller ones when you catch them when they are small.

Old 05-04-2019, 05:13 AM

4,193 posts, read 3,062,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
The EPA that has existed after January, 2017, is not the same EPA that worked to protect us and the environment, before then.

Right, there was 100% turnover at the EPA. Trump fired everyone and hand-picked their replacements, even the mailroom clerks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or