U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 01:53 PM
Status: "In Fort Worth Texas living it up until January 12th" (set 12 days ago)

3,221 posts, read 2,135,277 times

Advertisements

How cold hardy are the magnolia grandiflora (Southern Magnolia) cultivars ‘Bracken’s Brown Beauty’ and ‘Edith Bogue’? When I look online for information pertaining to their cold hardiness, what I’ve found is that some websites claim that they’re hardy all the way to zone 5, while others seem to suggest that they are not hardy north of zone 7, and the other websites unanimously suggest that they are hardy to zone 6.I have seen these cultivars being sold at the local nurseries across the greater Indianapolis area since at least 2013. I have also had sightings of magnolia grandiflora (Presumably ‘BBB’ and ‘Edith Bogue’) here and there throughout the Indianapolis area(You can find them in people’s yards if you know where to look) and saw one of these trees for the first time ever in Indianapolis in late 2003. I would like some verification on the hardiness of the hardiest southern magnolia cultivars, any and all insights would be greatly appreciated, thanks
Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or