Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 12:35 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,142,239 times

Advertisements

Hi,
Used the B&D GrassHog this morning, and it did a great job. The battery lasted only about 30 minutes, so I have the other battery charging. The first battery charge takes 9 hours, and after than they charge faster, in 3 hours. It was pretty light weight, and you can spin the head to make it an edger. All in all, I really like it. When the batteries are both fully charged, then it would probably be enough power to get the whole job done. I haven't tried changing the line yet, so that will be for another post, probably one with lots of colorful language. Tambre
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2011, 04:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,183 times
Default How to fix weed whacker.

Hi! I have a Homelite 13" edger/trimmer and have had the electric tool for about a year. I purchased it new and have used it less than 10 times. But,
the problem is that it is so loud that I can barely stand it. Not to mention that my neighbors will yell "THANK YOU"!!! when I pull the plug. Sheer disgust. Can I use 3 in One oil? Or WD-40? Please help as I am really annoyed that these things are junk once out of warranty. It is planned failure to me.

Old 03-11-2011, 08:05 PM

14,312 posts, read 14,575,662 times
I use a Weed Eater electric weed whacker and a Black & Decker electric edger. If my weed whacker goes I won't buy that brand again. Its ok but not great, I'm impressed with my B & D edger, it works really well.

My sister gave me the edger, I have lots of public sidewalk, she doesn't have any. Cord part gets to be a nuisance but didn't want to deal with a gas version at this stage of my life (63 and doing my own yardwork)!

Old 03-13-2011, 07:14 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,682,701 times
It really depends o what you are"Wacking" really. I went thru several before the gas trimmers were avialble and like the gas one much btter. If you don't tri uch they maybe Ok for you.My wife uses out gaoline trimmer all the time and has held the used the electric before. The electric are misbalanced so bad she hates them.Yopur basically holding up a electric motro on a stck while the gas can be balanced since the motr is at the top.

Old 03-17-2011, 11:22 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,481,557 times
I use electric both corded and battery and have no problems......obviously the battery models are less powerful but usually get the job done. I use TRIANGULAR shaped line verses cylindrical line.....this cuts far better even when using a less powerful model cutter.......I highly recommend the triangular line.

Old 03-17-2011, 03:20 PM

597 posts, read 2,105,148 times
I use a Ryobi 18v cordless. One good charge on each battery will do my entire yard. The precision gives me razor sharp edges around countless beds and the light weight is good for control. I use my gas-powered HomeLite when I just want to whack stuff without much regard to appearance, but I'm sold on my battery-powered trimmer for the landscapes. It's lighter, I'm older...that's a good match for me.

Old 03-18-2011, 07:59 AM

375 posts, read 1,141,886 times
We use the Ryobi as well and love it! DH already had 3 or 4 of the batteries for his drill and such. I like that its easy to start and light, so I can pull it out. DH likes that there's no "prep work". Just grab it off the hooks and go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden