Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 08:07 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,675,571 times

Advertisements

I'll be in good company.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2008, 08:22 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
LOL.. yeah, Tek has been a bad influence on me and others... so I'm not sure if it's a good idea to put both of us in the same room or dog house!
or thread

p.s. for those of you that are saying "huh what the heck are they talking about"

on my daily "? 0' the day" thread poor mike is constantly being sent to his room
and recently has been finding other sent there to join them

Old 08-14-2008, 11:42 AM

5,384 posts, read 10,865,469 times
Default Hope this hasn't been suggested yet... didn't read all posts...

What about making a gift basket all wrapped in cellophane and a big bow. Inside you can put the following...

Your Local Dollar Store will most likely have: baskets, maybe a kneeling pad, gardening gloves, maybe even a tool or two... Then you can go to your local nursery or big box home repair store and buy some bulbs for him to plant this fall... and maybe a bulb planting tool that looks like this:

Old 08-14-2008, 11:47 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,546,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbs View Post
What about making a gift basket all wrapped in cellophane and a big bow. Inside you can put the following...

Your Local Dollar Store will most likely have: baskets, maybe a kneeling pad, gardening gloves, maybe even a tool or two... Then you can go to your local nursery or big box home repair store and buy some bulbs for him to plant this fall... and maybe a bulb planting tool that looks like this:

I love this idea. I will be 76 in Nov. Can someone get these for me ???

Old 08-14-2008, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post
I love this idea. I will be 76 in Nov. Can someone get these for me ???
I have an idea... I will be 31 in Nov... why don't you get one "for me" and I will get one "for you"... just skip the hassle of shipping...LOL

Old 08-14-2008, 12:17 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,546,566 times
Quote:
I have an idea... I will be 31 in Nov... why don't you get one "for me" and I will get one "for you"... just skip the hassle of shipping...LOL
That sounds like a winner.

Old 08-14-2008, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post
That sounds like a winner.
Just to make sure we get full use out if the gift I suggest we purchase it now... a PRE Bday gift

Old 08-14-2008, 01:47 PM

7,730 posts, read 14,152,607 times
Quote:

For bulb planting, I prefer this. Attached to the electric drill, it even makes planting in rocky soil pretty easy. I got mine at Lowes, but for some reason, they didn't stock them this year.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:46 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,688 posts, read 57,994,855 times
good ideas, especially the towable sitting cart, and 2 wheeled wheelbarrow. There are some nice tall wheeled plastic garden carts too that you 'tow' or push.

I like my new adjustable rake like this
Find Adjustable Steel Lawn Rake and other Rakes at Aubuchon Hardware
It is a leaf rake that can get narrow to get in between stuff, and be firmer for loosening soil.

BTW, when my granddad got to his 80's he planted the rows far enough apart so he could drive his Air Conditioned car between the rows to aid in his watering pleasure I don't think that would work at today's gas prices He had a pretty big farm and garden to match, so it was funny at the time.

Old 08-15-2008, 11:58 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,161,317 times
Default lol holy wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
LOL.. yeah, Tek has been a bad influence on me and others... so I'm not sure if it's a good idea to put both of us in the same room or dog house!
lol holy wow.........are ya'll for real......did you seriously crash my post here.....common it's his 75th birthday.......shouldn't you guys be shopping for walkers anyway lol......I kid I kid.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden