U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Labor Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 11:46 AM

8,863 posts, read 8,008,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelou View Post
I don't know where you are in North Georgia, but at the Commerce outlet mall there used to be a Pottery Place and they had all kinds of stautuary.

Though it's been several years since I've been there.
I'm in Atlanta but have been to Commerce. I'm pretty sure that place closed last year --my friend's sister was buying candles and stuff for her daughter's beach wedding and got great deals there.

Maybe I can sculpt a Lhasa Apso. I haven't had great success with clay but we have many art schools/studios around here--maybe someone could teach me and then fire it for me. My friend could--she has her own business making ceramic coastal creatures and fires them in her own kiln.

If anyone wants/needs manatees, dolphins and other pieces--she is good.

These would be small pieces which would generally stay inside. She might make some for outside--she should.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2008, 03:06 PM

5,384 posts, read 6,537,132 times
Try Michael's or some sort of Craft store... even JoAnnes... they are all having their summer clearance sale right now... all of the outdoor stuff is super cheap.

Old 08-15-2008, 05:59 PM

802 posts, read 1,894,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
I'm in Atlanta but have been to Commerce. I'm pretty sure that place closed last year --my friend's sister was buying candles and stuff for her daughter's beach wedding and got great deals there.

Maybe I can sculpt a Lhasa Apso. I haven't had great success with clay but we have many art schools/studios around here--maybe someone could teach me and then fire it for me. My friend could--she has her own business making ceramic coastal creatures and fires them in her own kiln.

If anyone wants/needs manatees, dolphins and other pieces--she is good.

These would be small pieces which would generally stay inside. She might make some for outside--she should.

are you near Decatur??? there was a place on Ponce de Leon just east of the square....Heliotrope or By Hand. I think both are still there. there are a couple of places along PdL that might have something, though they may be pricey. I know a few years back my sister gave me a sitting cat statue that is still on my fireplace hearth...

Old 04-04-2009, 08:18 PM

30 posts, read 83,599 times
some unique cats and pugs available direct by the artists here:
TYBER KATZ Cat and Pug GARDEN ART

try etsy too for some great garden art:
Etsy :: Your place to buy and sell all things handmade

Old 04-06-2009, 09:36 AM

358 posts, read 680,546 times
try on craigslist as well. people might be wanting to get rid of some.

Old 04-08-2009, 02:05 PM

1,806 posts, read 3,547,875 times
I don't normally do 'cute' so I didn't have any ideas to contribute...until I got this sale notification.

If you would like a cat, check this:

Crouching Garden Cat - Plow & Hearth

Sitting Garden Cat - Plow & Hearth

Cat Statues, Garden Decor - Plow & Hearth

Search cat or statue...you'll find several.

The link for Maneki Neko reminds me of a sore subject...while still in FL we visited a local but pricey garden/nursery and they had a large, hand-carved natural stone Lucky Cat...not poured composite, actually CARVED rock...and not the usual cutesy-cutesy, more...antique-looking...it was SO COOL. They had a large one and a small one, as well as an excellent carved Buddha. I don't know what the stone was but I could not lift it. We grumbled about the cost and did not make a purchase. Ugh. When we finally went back, of course, they were all gone.

Shoulda, shoulda, shoulda.

DOG:

http://cgi.ebay.com/CONCRETE-SHIH-TZ...3A1%7C294%3A50

http://cgi.ebay.com/CONCRETE-SHIH-TZ...3A1%7C294%3A50

Last edited by 33458; 04-08-2009 at 02:19 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden