U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 06:36 PM

17,835 posts, read 29,403,652 times

Advertisements

How cute !!!
I have never seen a newly sprouted citrus before

ok lol we need to give them names how about lola & lenny the lemon trees
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 06:39 PM

431 posts, read 1,065,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
How cute !!!
I have never seen a newly sprouted citrus before

ok lol we need to give them names how about lola & lenny the lemon trees
There, and you just became the Godmother

Which one is Lola and which one is Lenny? LOL

PS. In my culture the Godmother name the new baby.

Old 09-26-2008, 08:14 PM

17,835 posts, read 29,403,652 times
yay I will be glad to be their godother
the bigger one is Lola well lol because we all know Lola was quite showy
Here is a picture of one of my citrus you can show them as "inspiration"

Old 09-26-2008, 08:31 PM

9,536 posts, read 19,402,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuisinette View Post
I went out to take a picture of the little rascal, and I took the shot, then I thought if I clean a bit around I can get a better shot and what do I find?
Another sprout (the little one in the middle of the picture)

Here is the star

PS. Blondie, I wouldn't mind if it doesn't make any lemons... at this point I am just in love with this baby and we'll see what the future brings.
It looks like you don't need to rush to repot them, if you haven't already. Let them get to be 3 or 4 inches tall. Give them as much light as possible to keep them strong and sturdy (without letting them bake dry).

I once had a whole bunch of orange seeds sprout up in my compost when I didn't eat all of the fruit I was given. They were very tough and didn't die, though I didn't do anything to them at all. Unfortunately I moved away, so I have no idea how they turned out.

Old 09-26-2008, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Here is a picture of one of my citrus you can show them as "inspiration"
LOL we are building family album already.

How I love to look at your tree, it is gorgeous.
BTW, nice back yard.

Old 09-26-2008, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
It looks like you don't need to rush to repot them, if you haven't already. Let them get to be 3 or 4 inches tall. Give them as much light as possible to keep them strong and sturdy (without letting them bake dry).
They look really sturdy. Now that I found the baby one, I plan to allow them to get taller before I place them in their new home.
I know I will enjoy to see them grow, I am so happy

The pot is not big, I can take it indoors if temperature is getting low.

Old 12-19-2011, 12:15 PM

1 posts, read 1,287 times
Default baby lemmon trees

I know that this is an old post, but I'm hoping someone will see it. I planted lemmon seeds 1 1/2 years ago from seed that my wife brought home from California. The lemmons was as big as grapefruit and they were beautiful so I decided to save the seed. The quickly sprouted and I now have plants that are approximately 3ft. tall. They have rather large leaves at the top and smaller leaves going up the entire stem. I'm wondering if anyone know if I should prune offo the leaves that are growing on the lower part of the stem? The stem has not made any branches off of it yet. Does anyone know how long that might take? I have a wonderful southern exposure window and I water them almost daily because they dry out quickly. If you have a reply, can you please also email it to me: [email]george@valleymusiccenter.com[/email]. Thanks so much.

Old 02-04-2012, 10:42 PM

1,312 posts, read 2,101,753 times
George, I would just pinch them back, nothing major, just the growing tip. See what happens. I think the variety of lemon you have is a Meyer's lemon. Any one else?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden