U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2017, 10:31 PM

9,778 posts, read 16,420,687 times

Advertisements

My tomato plants (just two) look unhappy. They haven't grown since I transplanted them. It's ok, I stink at growing tomatoes.

My potato plants, lettuce, mint, thyme, parsley, and rosemary are thriving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2017, 06:04 AM
Status: "It's beginning to look like a house:)" (set 24 days ago)

20,172 posts, read 25,108,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Well I am making progress; we are leaving for 10 days tomorrow so I just set the tomato plants, in their small containers on a table outside. i will move the sqush and Okra plants out tomorrow befoe we leave. right now the weather is so cold, high 40s today, so hope they survive until we get them in the ground the week of the 10th.
It's probably too late now but one time when I went on vacation I had a bunch of transplants that I left behind. I made a greenhouse for them. I can't find the picture but I put all of my plants in a big plastic container that was about 6 inches high. I think I put a little water in the bottom, put some straws in to hold the plastic wrap and covered all of the plants with the plastic wrap without touching any plants. I left them inside the house and they were very healthy after a week.

Have a nice trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
My tomato plants (just two) look unhappy. They haven't grown since I transplanted them. It's ok, I stink at growing tomatoes.

My potato plants, lettuce, mint, thyme, parsley, and rosemary are thriving.
At least you are good at other things. I am the basil killer What's wrong with your tomatoes?

Old 03-31-2017, 04:53 PM

9,778 posts, read 16,420,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ylisa7 View Post
It's probably too late now but one time when I went on vacation I had a bunch of transplants that I left behind. I made a greenhouse for them. I can't find the picture but I put all of my plants in a big plastic container that was about 6 inches high. I think I put a little water in the bottom, put some straws in to hold the plastic wrap and covered all of the plants with the plastic wrap without touching any plants. I left them inside the house and they were very healthy after a week.

Have a nice trip.

At least you are good at other things. I am the basil killer What's wrong with your tomatoes?
I'm awesome at basil! You just have to keep cutting it at the top to head off the flowers.

The tomatoes actually look exactly the same size as when I transplanted them from the chi-chi nursery about 3-4 weeks ago. They aren't growing in height. This is a dwarf plant called something-tiger which is only supposed to get about 12" - 24" tall.

I just looked at a photo I took on planting day, and to say it hasn't grown at all is definitely an overstatement. They have become more bushy, but are still very very short.

Last edited by Debsi; 03-31-2017 at 06:00 PM..

Old 03-31-2017, 05:50 PM
Status: "Tw_tter Disabled My Account...and I'm a real user" (set 11 days ago)

6,454 posts, read 13,213,851 times
Veggie season has started for me. I've given up on starting plants inside, but I sowed spinach, peas, carrots and some garlic outside. I'm trying a new short season eggplant this year. Fingers crossed I get a TON of eggplant.

Old 04-04-2017, 04:34 AM

63,552 posts, read 45,896,133 times
If you're in the Northeast U.S....or anywhere in the East, you guys are gonna love next week!! The itch will finally happen. Gees.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/47731080-post1870.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/47731110-post1871.html

Old 04-04-2017, 11:07 AM

12,836 posts, read 17,233,001 times
well finally finished bed no . 6 yep that is right I now have 5 flower beds and one veggie bed LOL ...yes I have been a busy girl I do all the work outside in the am because it is already starting to get hot down here ....

Old 04-04-2017, 12:52 PM

5,479 posts, read 6,342,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkytoes View Post
I've given up on starting plants inside
Why is that?

Old 04-05-2017, 04:27 PM
Status: "It's beginning to look like a house:)" (set 24 days ago)

20,172 posts, read 25,108,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
well finally finished bed no . 6 yep that is right I now have 5 flower beds and one veggie bed LOL ...yes I have been a busy girl I do all the work outside in the am because it is already starting to get hot down here ....
Nice.

I only planted some red onions, spinach and some lettuce. The nest two days are supposed to be pretty wicked. Cold, wind, hail and snow. I'm hoping the weathermen are wrong

Old 04-05-2017, 04:58 PM

12,836 posts, read 17,233,001 times
I have to get some tomato plants all of my seedlings took a dump so now I perturbed so I will go and buy some tomatoe plants this weekend .

Old 04-05-2017, 05:28 PM

17,374 posts, read 16,570,269 times
I wonder if I can take a bunch of romaine and plant it outside and have it grow. You're supposed to be able to put the end in a container of water, root it, and then have a romaine plant growing in the house. Didn't work for me though.

But I started another one today. It's just sitting in a glass of water so that hopefully it can grow roots. We shall see!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or