U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2018, 10:20 AM

18,105 posts, read 3,661,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
We are still getting cherry tomatoes every day or so and we got about a dozen bell peppers from some friends of ours. I don't know what I will do with them. They are on the small side but obviously very good. I may do stuffed bells peppers and just serve 2 each instead of the 1 each. I used most of the basil for pesto; still have rosemary and some parsley. Othe r than that the garden is all cleaned and ready for next spring.

Yep. Just have perennial herbs left now...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2018, 11:38 PM

16,864 posts, read 20,720,341 times
I've planted some snow peas in containers on my balcony here in San Jose. Should get a small harvest before we get any frost - crossing my fingers. At least they'll be pretty and make my balcony less sad, now that the tomatoes that practically covered the balcony are gone.

I also started some bok choy inside under grow lights in a big tote. I've never tried this before. The basil under grow lights indoors is still growing nicely. I may also try some cilantro indoors under the grow lights.

Old 10-13-2018, 06:17 AM

69,490 posts, read 79,724,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
I've planted some snow peas in containers on my balcony here in San Jose. Should get a small harvest before we get any frost - crossing my fingers. At least they'll be pretty and make my balcony less sad, now that the tomatoes that practically covered the balcony are gone.

I also started some bok choy inside under grow lights in a big tote. I've never tried this before. The basil under grow lights indoors is still growing nicely. I may also try some cilantro indoors under the grow lights.
Let us know about the bok choy. I absolutely love the stuff. As for the first frost: that is funny as we are expecting ours in just a week or so most likely. I picked the last of our tomatoes and have wrapped them in new paper to hopefully get ripe. That is he difference between a few thousand miles.

Old 10-13-2018, 04:20 PM

253 posts, read 44,761 times
I bought a load of compost. I planted four tomato plants, four different varieties, and they all went nuts. It was my first experience with growing tomatoes so I had no expectations. A pepper plant, dahlias, and everything I planted in the compost flourished beyond all my expectations. I am now a big fan of compost because I have no idea what I am doing when I plant something. Nothing is going to live based on any care it gets from me. I am a water and cross your fingers type.

Old Yesterday, 07:22 AM

69,490 posts, read 79,724,430 times
to my shock, yesterday I decided to pick the last of the parsley and rosemary. I went to the gardening area which I hadn't paid any attention to for weeks and there was one container or tomatoes I hadn't forgotten about. I did pick the herbs, decided I should take the time to pull out that last plant and now I have about a dozen cherry tomatoes in the window to get ripe. I don't think I have ever picked tomatoes quite this late and just in time: right now it is 15 degrees outside.

Old Today, 01:32 PM

9,625 posts, read 4,813,926 times
I found one pink tomato in my garden. I won’t pick it yet. But my sage bush is all dry and wilted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or