Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2019, 02:58 PM

83,495 posts, read 75,206,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by speagles84 View Post
^ Looks good Cambium! My garden has yet to really take off. Quite concerned about tonight's low of 39F here... might have half my yard covered in towels lol
I was in Southern NJ and missed the 40s back home. One positive for those of us who hate summer is, in just 3 short months it's over and its started off great. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
i feel for all of you in the cold and rain . I already have cucumbers and tomatoes on the vine and flowers blooming .

Nice! You're like 5 weeks ahead of me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2019, 12:58 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,650,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
I was in Southern NJ and missed the 40s back home. One positive for those of us who hate summer is, in just 3 short months it's over and its started off great. lol

Nice! You're like 5 weeks ahead of me.

we have had nothing but rain for the past 2 or 3 weeks, but it has helped the garden instead of hurting it: thank goodness.I can even count all the baby cukes we have: will the mature? That is the question. We also have as I have mentioned lots of tomatoes and peppers. Our beans are coming up even if they had turned moldy when the envalope got opened someway. OKra looks promising and the sweet potato is growing like crazy. At this stage I would have to say my little garden will be the best since we moved to AR 11 years ago: time will tell.

Old 06-08-2019, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
we have had nothing but rain for the past 2 or 3 weeks, but it has helped the garden instead of hurting it: thank goodness.I can even count all the baby cukes we have: will the mature? That is the question. We also have as I have mentioned lots of tomatoes and peppers. Our beans are coming up even if they had turned moldy when the envalope got opened someway. OKra looks promising and the sweet potato is growing like crazy. At this stage I would have to say my little garden will be the best since we moved to AR 11 years ago: time will tell.
Nice to hear! You must have well drained soil and not clay. We're finally drying out here and the garden is loving the sun.

And the warm soil.

The soil is warmer here in SW CT than last year.. We hit 70s couple days ago. 69.7° this morning.

End of May/Early June last year we had a lot of cloudy and overcast days vs this year more sun.

Picked my first unripened pepper. Couldn't wait.
Banana Pepper

I am sold. Miracle Grow 20-20-20 used on the right row of Tomatoes. I will keep this test going all season feeding them every 2 weeks and not the left row.

Old 06-08-2019, 06:14 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,650,576 times
nope, horrible soil but the beds are all raised which and containers so the investment seems to be working. The only problem,of course is we don't get a huge harvest cause containers only can produce so much. I am not complaining though. I am really happy!!!!!!! Oh and yes, our containers all have very good drainage.

Old 06-09-2019, 09:09 AM

June 9, 2019

View of the 2 Beds

Onions

Potatoes. See anything?

Couple of them are flowering

Snap Peas. Mmmm. Just picked on and ate it off the vine.

Still a month away from the 1st Ripe One

Hasn't been hot enough for the Cukes

Old 06-09-2019, 09:48 AM

13,055 posts, read 18,088,300 times
Here in De. we are expecting a lot of rain this week. Why is the forecast for Ct?

Old 06-09-2019, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
Here in De. we are expecting a lot of rain this week. Why is the forecast for Ct?
You should be dry Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday but there could be heavy rains tomorrow and Thursday adding up to over an inch maybe.. How are your hot weather plants doing?

Here's the forecast for here. No heat. Cool with chances of rain. It's been 8 days since we had over 1/4" and its probably the 1st time in 1.5yrs for that. lol

Peppers and Cukes hate this but I am loving it.. 60s tomorrow.

Old 06-10-2019, 12:15 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,644,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
You should be dry Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday but there could be heavy rains tomorrow and Thursday adding up to over an inch maybe.. How are your hot weather plants doing?

Here's the forecast for here. No heat. Cool with chances of rain. It's been 8 days since we had over 1/4" and its probably the 1st time in 1.5yrs for that. lol

Peppers and Cukes hate this but I am loving it.. 60s tomorrow.

Oh good--(looking at your weather chart that didn't come through on the quote) probably showers tonight and continued cool. Yesterday I planted two rows of beets. It's later than usual but, living in an apartment now, I had to plant them over at my cousin's house so had to wait until they were done planting.

Planted the beets with my usual extra bonemeal to make them sweet, I hope. It's cool here and if it's going to rain, I don't have to drive over there and water them! In my mini apartment garden I planted a sedum yesterday. Tomato plant isn't thrilled with this weather but I am!

Old 06-10-2019, 12:48 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,746,920 times
I planted some me beets today. I moved the pepper plants to near my blueberries, they are good companion planting. But I need something to hold the edge otherwise dirt will fall down on the walking no path

Old 06-12-2019, 11:24 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,066,195 times
Default this is my flower bed

There are zinnias , marigolds , sunflower and the bucket in the back is cucumbers .
Attached Thumbnails
All Vegetable Gardening-img_20190612_130558.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden