U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 12:32 PM

1 posts

Advertisements

I have the same problem in my last two houses. I thought the fine hairy roots belonged to a tree too but then the same roots are in my new garden with no tree near it. The clumps are so matted and tight it is near impossible to dig them out. Even worse if a pot plant sits on top of the soil the roots will grow upwards into the pot through the drainage holes and tightly pack out the entire pot plant and anchor it firmly to the ground. None of these roots grows anything green above the soil. I completely freed my garden of these roots but they grew back in no time just as dense as ever. Now I just let the lawn grow over it. I wish I knew what caused these hairy little roots and how to kill them.

Last edited by sanles; Today at 12:34 PM.. Reason: Spelling mistake
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 06:49 PM

4,669 posts, read 4,595,066 times
Could it be the parasitic plant called dodder?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden