U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-06-2009, 07:21 PM

9,049 posts, read 16,475,389 times

Advertisements

Any suggestions for a good pump up sprayer that will last? I've tried the Ortho ones from Wal-Mart and they are junk. The one I have now is a Gilmour, and while it has lasted longer, it stopped working yesterday. I can never seem to get these things to last over a year before the seals go bad and they won't hold pressure.

(FWIW, I mostly use mine to spray RoundUp)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2009, 08:02 PM

139 posts, read 633,034 times
chapin makes a good sprayer, we use them at work and there a long lasting sprayer. they even sell simle to use rebuild kits,when they stop spraying.

Chapin Sprayers - Manufacturing Excellence Since 1884

the concrete sprayer,is the one we use at work.

Old 07-06-2009, 10:37 PM

858 posts, read 1,533,713 times
I've had a FloMaster for 5 or 6 years that's always worked well for me and I've never had a problem with it.

My neighbor bought a Chapin after suffering through a year with a "RoundUp" sprayer. I don't know who actually makes them but he wasn't too fond of how well it sprayed in general. He's much more satisfied with the Chapin.

Old 07-06-2009, 11:55 PM

9,049 posts, read 16,475,389 times
Thanks guys. I think I'll order the plastic 3gal Chapin sprayer (on sale for $14,wow). I have four acres so I have to carry mine a pretty good distance, I'm scared that metal one might get too heavy.

DLK, I think those RoundUp sprayers are the same as the Ortho ones, I had one that didn't work right out of the box, complete junk.

Old 07-07-2009, 08:22 AM

593 posts, read 1,717,358 times
If you go to a John Deere Landscape Supply (Formerly Lesco) you will find many sprayers that are built to last. But be prepared to shell out a pretty penny for them.

If you are just using these for the occasional weed spray then I've found the $10 per pump and replace each year to be a better route for a homeowner. Especially since I don't like to share the sprayers with the various chemicals.

Old 06-02-2014, 10:38 AM

2 posts, read 1,336 times
Default Chemical Sprayer

I have had the same issue with sprayers bought from Wal-Mart and Target unfortunately. I purchased a Hudson sprayer online from abatix.com. They have quite a few options but the one I wen with was the "super Sprayer." It also comes with a 1 year warranty on it so at least you can get a year out of it lol. They have a couple more heavier duty options but the one I went with works great and it is very durable!

I buy from Abatix all the time. Whatever the product is that you might want they will find it. I shop there because they find everything that I need and they are knowledgeable about products and different alternatives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden