U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 02:36 PM

25,307 posts, read 16,473,212 times
Thanks so much for all the help with my questions. How does one go about getting an Angel's Trumpet. I've never seen one sold in a NURSERY OR ONLINE. Should I check Craig's List and if so do I look for seed (how do I know that is what I'm really getting)? Now that I know so much more about it I too want one or six really bad!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2009, 02:47 PM

616 posts, read 1,033,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
Thanks so much for all the help with my questions. How does one go about getting an Angel's Trumpet. I've never seen one sold in a NURSERY OR ONLINE. Should I check Craig's List and if so do I look for seed (how do I know that is what I'm really getting)? Now that I know so much more about it I too want one or six really bad!

I could send some seeds this fall. Actually, due to the flooding we had this spring, we didn't get one flowerbed tilled up until in late June. They never seem to germinate until after we dig it up each spring. Anyway, now we have babies coming up thick as grass.

Maybe I should try getting some acclimated to pots & I could send little plants down. They REALLLLLY dislike being transplanted & the smaller they are, the better, so I don't think they's make it if I sent them bare-root, but I'd be willing to try. I could send several dozen and maybe a couple will pull thru.

Old 08-10-2009, 04:57 PM

7,730 posts, read 8,670,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
Brugmansias are best grown from cuttings. Each seed can produce a completely new plant. If you don't care about that, look for seeds, but be aware that many people will sell you seeds for datura and call them angel's trumpet.

If you want to buy plants, I have purchased some from www.worldofbrugmansia.com. I met the owner and he lives in Winston-Salem. He sells online.

But really, if you want any of the plants I have shown you above, let me know. I'll be taking cuttings in October and should have lots to share. Each cutting is only a foot long and all 6 of my large plants are over 5' this year.

If you want the white datura, it's easily grown from seed. There's a purple datura too, but not brugmansia.

You can ebay too, but be wary. People will sell things and will often mislabel them or deceive you outright.

correction, I have met one of the growers from world of brugmansia, Eddie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden