Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 09:02 AM

7 posts, read 7,200 times

Advertisements

I am looking for my mothers mother. My mother was born at Cumberland Hospital in Brooklyn New York July 1961. My mother is turning 50 this year and I thought this was a great way for me to help her. I have given myself until her birthday to find all the info we can find.

Her mothers name is Mattie Edmond Adams she was 42 years old when my mother was born. There were four children ahead of my mother. Her address at the time was 57 Putnam Avenue Brooklyn NY. The doctor that did the delivery was Dr. M. Pajoohi.

I am stuck I don't know where to go from here. If you know where I can find more information or go from here please feel free to respond.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2011, 09:05 AM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,391,518 times
Are you looking for a living person?

If she may be alive at 92, you might try the people search forum.

If she's passed on, look into getting a copy of her death certificate by contacting the state or county vital statistics department where she died.

Old 02-01-2011, 11:16 AM

2,852 posts, read 6,485,150 times
Was your mother put up for adoption?

Old 02-01-2011, 02:40 PM

I don't know if she (Mattie) is alive or not. I have no idea where she is now and if she passed i don't know what state to look in for a death certificate.

she was not put up for adoption she was given away.

Old 02-01-2011, 03:32 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,183,418 times
Where are you getting the information from, the birth certificate?

The doctor that delivered your mother is probably MANOOCHEHR PAJOOHI It seems he was a obstetrician and now it seems his son is currently practicing as the same in NJ.

Could her real name have been Martha? The address you gave, 57 Putnam Ave. I would try to find anyone who may have lived in that area during that time who may have known your family. That address appears to be an apt/condo.

Old 02-01-2011, 04:33 PM

Eldemila
I did get the info from her birth certificate. Thanks for the info about the doctor. I live in Atlanta, i have googled that address so many times and I couldn't find anything. How could I get that information from here?

Old 02-01-2011, 04:55 PM

Hmmm, not sure why you weren't able to get it to come up on Google, it's what I did and had no problem

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=...gl=us&t=h&z=16
Is there any other information on the bc that may be helpful? Does it say if she was married? Is Edmond listed as her maiden name? Exact date of birth? I had some time today and looked but couldn't find anything with the information given. Even the smallest bit of info that you may not think is important could be. Mattie could easily be Martha. If you have any other info do post it, you may be surprised that could make the difference.

As someone else said, you may want to post in the People Search forum - very active and people there are very happy to help there as they are here.

Old 02-01-2011, 05:13 PM

Edmond is her maiden name. I do believe Adams is her married name. Although she was married there was no father listed. That is all the information i have. The person that raised her as well as any one old enough to know has passed.

Thanks for your help. i will try the people search forum

Old 02-01-2011, 07:16 PM

2,852 posts, read 6,485,150 times
Mattie is a nickname for Martha and Matilda.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:24 PM

This is the closet I could find to a birth around the date it should be and the name. May be nothing, never know.

https://www.familysearch.org/s/recor...6iYku8TUc%253D

Martha M Edmond
Residence:, Umatilla, Oregon
Estimated Birth Year:1920
Birthplace:Oregon
Relationship to Head of Household; Daughter

The age shows 0 on here, but it's actually 11 mo at the time the census was taken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy