U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2017, 04:45 PM

1,519 posts, read 870,914 times

Advertisements

They test non coding DNA that's why, I'm 32 percent west African and I don't look all that west African.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaan-84 View Post
Exactly, it seems DNA is tricky and doesn't always match physical appearance. The actress Jessica Alba a few years back had a DNA test done and it only showed her to be 13% Native American and 87% European, no African or Asian showed up. It was kind of shocking because if you see her father he looks like he's more than likely 50% Native American. Larry David another actor results showed he's 37% Native American and I think most would think he's whiter than Alba?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2017, 04:18 PM

5,131 posts, read 4,642,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovert View Post
And fourth, dentitions of Sub-Saharan/North African boundary groups (i.e., Senegambia (SEN), Tukulor (TUK), Chad (СНА)) indicate probable North African genetic input based on lower frequencies of LM1 deflecting wrinkle and LM1 cusp 7, and higher UM3 agenesis.

The Sub-Saharan/North African boundary groups, Chad, Senegambia, Tukulor, and perhaps Tanzania, are grouped together nearest the cluster of North Africans (center of Figure 2).

Dental morphological affinities of Late Pleistocene through recent sub-Saharan and North African peoples

Brace did not have any Sahelian samples, perhaps if he did the result might be different, I'm also reminded of the Berrys non-metric cranial papers of the Gold Coast showing affinities with South Asia, perhaps due to Sahelians being at coastal Guinean settlements for trade as the earliest Porty geez sources wrote.

Interestingly the old Christian Marmol wrote the the Futeyas were as far as Neuba, could this be a clue to "whites" (again its best to think of bayda as light or bright which grades into brown, Journal of the Royal Asiatic Society of Great Britain and Ireland, p. 151 that David Reubeni mention in reference to the sultan of the Fung?
Piggy backing here's more info from:

Landers (Journal of a Second Expedition Into the Interior of Africa, p.96)

&

El Tunisi (interesting the Goran/Daza of the Tebu peoples are sometimes affiliated with the Garamantes, the Teda with the Tedamansi of Ptolemy as well as Ghadames possibly, the Zaghawa were regarded as part of the Veiled Saharans by Ibn Caldun, while Leo associated the kindred Berti with the veiled group; Travels of an Arab Merchant in Soudan, p.208)

Old 05-06-2017, 04:22 PM

600 posts, read 355,668 times
Yes. They're called the black Hebrews. The 1st people on earth/

Old 05-06-2017, 04:26 PM

As I have said before, like massah like slave; everything they touch swiftly falls to ruin.

The plantation generations, massah & his slaves & his dependents.

Old 05-08-2017, 10:44 AM

9,766 posts, read 21,048,826 times
There are pure races in terms of perception because isolated people showed recessive genes to suit their new environments outside Africa, but our DNA are all very similar. All 'pure' people are certain mixtures of other groups. Hitler's 'pure' Germans often had small amounts of Jewish and Polish DNA. A 'pure' native English person is part Celtic, part Viking, part Norman, etc. A 'pure' Somalian is a mix of East African and Arab. A 'pure' rural White Kentuckian is a mix of British with some SW German coming from various east coast states and might have trace amounts of Native American or African DNA. A 'pure' African American has various W African and some W European ancestry.

Old 05-08-2017, 11:14 AM

8,788 posts, read 13,538,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
There are pure races in terms of perception because isolated people showed recessive genes to suit their new environments outside Africa, but our DNA are all very similar. All 'pure' people are certain mixtures of other groups. Hitler's 'pure' Germans often had small amounts of Jewish and Polish DNA. A 'pure' native English person is part Celtic, part Viking, part Norman, etc. A 'pure' Somalian is a mix of East African and Arab. A 'pure' rural White Kentuckian is a mix of British with some SW German coming from various east coast states and might have trace amounts of Native American or African DNA. A 'pure' African American has various W African and some W European ancestry.
True, but I think you'll find that most Africans (depending on location), not African Americans, are usually 100% African. And most white Europeans, especially from Northern Europe, are 100% European. There's certain areas like around the Mediterranean where there is more mixing between continents, but there are definitely plenty of Europeans who are 100% European, and plenty of Africans who are 100% African.

Old 05-08-2017, 01:47 PM
AFP

6,876 posts, read 4,169,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA2UK View Post
True, but I think you'll find that most Africans (depending on location), not African Americans, are usually 100% African. And most white Europeans, especially from Northern Europe, are 100% European. There's certain areas like around the Mediterranean where there is more mixing between continents, but there are definitely plenty of Europeans who are 100% European, and plenty of Africans who are 100% African.

Autosomal DNA tests are much more likely to show 100% sub-Saharan African in populations in West Central Africa. The autosomal DNA of Africa north of the Saharan desert is overwhelming due to back migration as well as the Sahel. East Africa has huge amounts of back migration from the Levant in particular and south Eastern Africa to a lesser extent.

In Europe there are sub-Saharan African lineages on the maternal and paternal side found in the far reaches of northern Europe although in small amounts there is some evidence to suggest there was a Neolithic migration from the Levant across north Africa picking up some sub-Saharan African lineages along the way then across the ocean into the Iberian peninsula and subsequently spread throughout Europe. I really depends how you define 100% European if you define it by absence of African DNA than the evidence shows absolutely not there are very small amounts but they are present.

Old 05-08-2017, 01:48 PM
AFP

6,876 posts, read 4,169,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taimaishu View Post
Yes. They're called the black Hebrews. The 1st people on earth/
Completely bogus ideological belief not supported by science.

Old 05-09-2017, 09:36 AM

401 posts, read 182,126 times
Answer to op if still reading, no there isn't.

Old 05-23-2017, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovert View Post
Piggy backing here's more info from:

Landers (Journal of a Second Expedition Into the Interior of Africa, p.96)

&

El Tunisi (interesting the Goran/Daza of the Tebu peoples are sometimes affiliated with the Garamantes, the Teda with the Tedamansi of Ptolemy as well as Ghadames possibly, the Zaghawa were regarded as part of the Veiled Saharans by Ibn Caldun, while Leo associated the kindred Berti with the veiled group; Travels of an Arab Merchant in Soudan, p.208)
And I made a mistake, Hornemann talks about the phenotypic variation among the Saharans and he is a student of Blumenbach, not Brown (The journal of Frederick Horneman's travels, p.109;). I think the Arabs of Hornemann's Mojabra (actually Berbers) are the Djowbra of the other Blumenbach student Burckhardt, again byad means bright or light in its widest extent (white Zanj, possibly Khoisan?; Travels in Nubia, p. 480).

And these tidbits from Blumenbach about the Gipsies chimes in with my theories about the relationships between the "counterfeits" & the Paleolithic to Bronze & Iron Age samples (along with swart Danes, Sarmatians etc) from the writings of the strong man of physical anthropology C. Loring Brace (The Monthly Review, Volume 53, p.453; Memoirs of science and the arts, p.6; The British Critic and Quarterly Theological Review, Volume 2, p.226).

More Irish on the relationships between populations of the Horn (i.e. Somalia & Eritrea) & the Saharan (including its oases of Nile & Tell).

Quote:
The dental study, comparing many of the same samples from the craniometric report, finds some concordance between methods (i.e. ‘intermediate-yet-distinct’); yet, the overall place of the Jebel Moyans appears to be within a greater northeast African sphere of biological influence, based on the phenetic affinities to various samples past (e.g. A-Group) and present.

The Ancient Inhabitants of Jebel. Moya Redux

Again since wurld gubbermint is basically a globalist plantation run by the massah class and his overseers and the rest of his slaves & dependents, yes the plantation is a sacred & sacrosanct part of identity, or at least that's what is being promoted throughout the world (plantation identity politics).

Last edited by kovert; 05-23-2017 at 06:51 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or