U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 04:34 PM

2,798 posts, read 5,361,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
I had thought that Hannah's status looked "worked over" too.

But now that you have mentioned it I went back to look again. It appears that her "Wd" is also written in larger script than any other Wd on the page, and the W in Hannah's designation is the only one that begins the letter with a straight line before making the first down stroke. Whatever the reason, it does not seem to match the penmanship in the rest of that column.
Its definately been changed, and, as you so rightly pointed out, does not match the penmanship throughout the rest of the document for this column. Did you also checked the entry from Andrew WALLACE? Same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2011, 04:35 PM

You might want to check into the family line of Jarret Street and his wife Sarah. Her maiden name was RUBLE. I'm betting that Sarah was a sister of Hannah and Jarret a brother of Frank STREET.

Old 03-14-2011, 04:37 PM

5,812 posts, read 16,224,208 times
What I can see on Ancestry shows me that the trees say he was born 1873 or 1875 in Fort Bend, Texas, United States, but a FamilySearch still shows nothing there. Could they have been traveling during the census? Maybe the older Anderson is his father, but he left and sent for the boy later?

The only Plunkett in Fort Bend county I can find is this one
Calvin Plunkett

Texas Deaths, 1890-1976

birth: 02 Mar 1877 — Missouri
death: 13 Jul 1932 — Limestone County, Texas
burial: 14 Jul 1932
parents: R. A. Plunkett, Marie E. Jessup
spouse: Settie Plunkett

There's this one as well
Plunkett Family Tree
Public Member Tree 1 attached record, 1 source

Name: Charley A Plunkett
Birth: dd mm 1872 - Georgia

One of the familytrees on Ancestry lists him as dying in Fort Bend as well.

Last edited by STLCardsBlues1989; 03-14-2011 at 04:50 PM..

Old 03-14-2011, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
You might want to check into the family line of Jarret Street and his wife Sarah. Her maiden name was RUBLE. I'm betting that Sarah was a sister of Hannah and Jarret a brother of Frank STREET.
I have a lot of info on the Streets and Rubles already. That side I've mostly filled out. It's more recently that I looked at Hannah in particular.

Florenta Jarret Street was Frank Street (Hannah Ruble's Husband)'s brother and Sarah Ann Ruble was Hannah's aunt.

This family married into quite a few members of already-related families. I'm related to Hannah Ruble probably 3 or 4 different ways.

On a side note, my Myheritage tree has matches for both George Deverit Street and Hannah Ruble, but from two different trees that have not connected to each other. Weird.

Old 03-14-2011, 04:50 PM

The problem is that of everyone on internet sites who appear to have this Anderson PLUNKETT in their lines, none of them provides one difinitive date for his birth or death. All we know is that he DID marry Hannah/Lauren RUBLE in Missouri.

I have come across this one, which would seem like a more viable option than the one in Texas....

•Name: Anderson "Andrew" PLUNKET
•Sex: M
•Birth: ABT 1865 in Jackson, Putnam, IN

Father: Alfred PLUNKET b: ABT 1841 in Jackson, Putnam, IN
Mother: Rebecca UNKNOWN b: ABT 1845 in Indiana

This surname seemed to be strong in the States of Illinois, Kentucky and Indiana, all of which are within the standard migration routes into Missouri. A birth year of 1865 would still not be considered too old as a spouse for Hannah.

Old 03-14-2011, 05:00 PM

That's certainly possible. This Andrew/Anderson was in Indiana and married in 1900, though. If so he would have had to have had his son, divorced Hannah, moved to Indiana, and remarried in about 2 years or less, unless he lived a double life or something.

Old 03-14-2011, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLCardsBlues1989 View Post
That's certainly possible. This Andrew/Anderson was in Indiana and married in 1900, though. If so he would have had to have had his son, divorced Hannah, moved to Indiana, and remarried in about 2 years or less, unless he lived a double life or something.
Well. we omly have a SUPPOSED date of death (or even divorce) for 1899. Hannah could have divorced him in late 1898, while pregnant with their second child, who was born in 1899. Plus, Hannah married within two years of Anderson's supposed "death" so it wouldn't have been strange for him to re-marry quickly as well.

Old 03-14-2011, 05:17 PM

Nope....this Anderson "Andrew" PLUNKETT is out. It states on the 1900 census that he's neeb married for 13 years. Unless, like you stated, he lived a double life, LOL!

Now, the one in Texas COULD be possible, since it states he was born in Missouri.

Last edited by Cyanna; 03-14-2011 at 05:18 PM.. Reason: addition

Old 03-14-2011, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
Well. we omly have a SUPPOSED date of death (or even divorce) for 1899. Hannah could have divorced him in late 1898, while pregnant with their second child, who was born in 1899. Plus, Hannah married within two years of Anderson's supposed "death" so it wouldn't have been strange for him to re-marry quickly as well.
I don't see any way it could be, though. The census says that in 1900 Andrew and his new wife in Indiana have been married 13 years and have 4 kids, though they could be hers and they took his name.

I don't know if this one makes enough sense to be my Anderson. I'm not sure, though.

The whole thing really makes no sense.

Old 03-14-2011, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLCardsBlues1989 View Post
I don't see any way it could be, though. The census says that in 1900 Andrew and his new wife in Indiana have been married 13 years and have 4 kids, though they could be hers and they took his name.

I don't know if this one makes enough sense to be my Anderson. I'm not sure, though.

The whole thing really makes no sense.
This is doing my head in. Taking a break and eating some homemade Chocolate Chip cookies to help regain my sanity, LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy