U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 03:15 AM

9 posts, read 47,410 times

Advertisements

Enough with the Spanish / Creole / academic masturbation put-on / Pseudo BS Making S!@# up Department - - - none of that applies to the Philippines. None of the socio linguistic academia pontifica pedantica applies to the Philippines. No amount of "academia pontifica pedantica" applies. It's as if armchair pseudo world travelers are making things up from where the sun doesn't shine, about a country and people who have never, and will never want to be or actually be "what they are not," and one of those things is definitely not "hispanic." No amount of magic will ever make people from the Philippines- - - - - "hispanic." To say Filipinos are Hispanic is like saying the Vietnamese are Latin because of colonization by the French. We can go so far as to say a person from Vietnam is Vietnamese / French. Yeah - that's it. Oh, and Indonesians are Dutch (again, because they were colonized by the Dutch, by this same logic we can now call the Indonesians Dutch Europeans - (and mirrors don't exist in any of these colonized countries, so we can all go around calling ourselves "European," now - or in the case of the Philippines "Hispanic" (so we can align ourselves with Central and South America - the flat bread tomatillo and pinto bean cultures).

But we don't eat those foods. We eat "M-U-N-G" beans, and in my father's region, cook with coconut milk and lemongrass. (and c'mon filipinos - anyone... chime in and tell us that the "hot dog" is a huge part of the culture, too - - because of american colonization. yes, the "hot dog" - the mother of all gourmet culinary concoctions. yes, what mother lovin' culture on the face of the earth would admit (and enthusiastically, at that !!) the hot dog into their cultural makeup, into their mythology. . . didnt i say in a previous post that Georgia tore down the statues of Lenin and Stalin, but if the Philippines was Georgia they would not only stay, but have flowers and candles lit at their bases?) Aaah, sigh. Can anyone hear what I'm thinking? . . .

We eat manila mangoes, mangosteen, rambutan, jackfruit, durian, . . . and eat avocadoes as sweets. (I'm American Filipina) We eat coconut milk and purple yam and sweet red beans. We eat noodles. We eat rice cakes. We eat rice. It isn't natural for us to make burritos or make wine from grapes, and we are the leading (along with Indonesia) producers of coconuts in the world. It's good to have customs that stem from one's own geography and history and people that look like yourself. (Unlike Asian people following a great prophet from another race - which is just simply un-natural. Some Filipinos would get upset by my saying this, but the Southern Philippines is probably a better representation of what the true Filipino culture is / was like prior to the arrival of galleons, etc.) There are remnants of superficial / artificial / un-natural forced acculturation, which isn't from the natural order of our race. Quote unquote filipino (the people who were in the country before the galleons) people don't naturally have last names that end in -z or -s (like hernandez, ramirez, martinez, . . . .) Filipino kids like "rice rockets" - not Monte Carlos. Ugh. Too many many many innate differences to name. I know that people on this thread that even entertain the idea of "oh, yeah - they're hispanic," are only going surface deep. Forced colonial culturalization via loaded gun does not a hispanic culture / race make. Go deep(er). What a waste of a forum. Who posed this original question?

Last edited by yourusername; 03-06-2013 at 03:43 AM..

Old 03-06-2013, 04:01 AM

The language is also "H-E-A-V-I-L-Y" (nice adjective, but not complete) sanskrit and malayo / whatever academic flavor of the day they're calling the southeast asian malay languages. I think a lot of americans dismiss the language as being "heavily" spanish because they can't understand or have never been exposed to any other languages or cultures from southeast asia or sanskrit. C'mon, admit it. You hear someone speak like this "da da da da da da SPANISH word, blah blah blah sanskrit tagalog tagalog sanskrit sanskrit tagalog tagalog tagalog SPANISH word," then you say: "it's mostly Spanish." hahaha. I know some people are geographically, wanderlustily, and academically lazy - but come on. There's no excuse for passing along ignorance. Someone is going to believe you, and not realize (until it's too late) - that you don't know much about what you talk about. No offense, but we can't just spew out incomplete facts and pick things out that we think we recognize and explain those things as the whole story. There are many bookstores on the face of the earth, and many cultural meetup groups that can set you straight.

Old 03-06-2013, 04:27 AM

Well, unfortunately, (and you're entitled to your affinity / identification) what you said is, to me, kind of like when a black child (clearly of african descent) is adopted by a white family and he has a choice to self identify and chooses to identify as white. You get my drift. There are social implications where people are just going to think, "huh?" (because they probably won't actually say anything - either out of fear of putting their foot in their mouth or fear that they'd offend) This, to me, is like a person of Filipino descent / ethnicity saying he or she is "hispanic" (and most people won't say anything to you to be polite, but they'll be thinking "huh? WTF") To say so is a falsity, based upon false logic, or at the very least - one of those "Huh?" moments like I mentioned above. Meaning, (and not to be offensive, but this is just an example) a lot of people are going to be thinking, "wow, now there's a genius." The Philippines is not a Latin-American or quote unquote a "Spanish-Speaking" country. To call oneself Hispanic is a (misguided) misnomer. Sorry, but no one would "buy" that a black child was white, no matter how much he or she bleached his or her skin like Michael Jackson. Filipinos are not Hispanic, and the nostalgia for a superficial hispanic name here or there, or an occasional empanada on a philippine menu or a catholic mass does not a Hispanic make. We could wrap the American Indian in red, white, and blue all day, everyday, all the live long day, and it will not make the American Indian an Uncle Sam lovin', apple-pie eatin' Yankee Doodle Dandy. American Indians do not go around saying (especially the ones on the Reservation) - "I'm an American, Culturally." I'm sorry, but it's laughable and misguided for one to think of themself as Hispanic. It's a type of Ethnic / Cultural Dysphoria, much like how some people have gender dysphoria and then flock to San Francisco to switch genders or gather amongst others who can re-align their genders (actually or socially). These folks change their selves. They change themselves. They do not change themselves and then make blanket statements about everybody else or that everyone else needs to call themselves something different because of their own dysphoria because they have issues. I'm pretty sure they own their own Dysphoria and don't place their own personal issues on all the humans in their nation. I'm a Filipina - who is proudly ethnically and culturally - Filipino. Period. I have never said "I'm Chinese / Spanish / Malay / Hawaiian" or whatever BS label the media has created in order to make my Filipino-ness more "multicultural" (which in my opinion has done much to destroy the idea of race, and encourage the dilution of it - much like "forced integration" has done to destroy american communities in the united states, and to dilute the pool of pure races). The Philippines is NOT MIXED. There is this International Push for MIXED racial IDENTITIES that is being hoisted on perceived weak nations - and yes, the Philippines is one (it had a double team effort in brainwashing the populace that it's "MIXED." Wake up, you're not mixed. .. AND the Philippines buys into it hook, line, and sinker. (See the BAYO Mixed-Race campaign in the news from 2012) In my humble opinion - - it is a pure "social construct" that this illusion / delusion of a Hispanicized culture exists. It (<the propaganda campaign to bring filipinos on the "you're spanish too," and "you're american too," bandwagon) --- It was all make-believe for the benefit of the Conquistadores, to make you feel like you were part of the party, like the party was made for you (us) so that they could more easily fill their galleys and coffers with your natural resources and labor. Much like how the Americans sold the mmmmm mmmmmm good BS PR about hot dogs being good and nutritious (like Spam and Vienna Sausage) while they ate steak and vegetables, and the galleon crews and friars sold you the hellfire brimstone inquisition. The natives ate it all up (literally) physically, spiritually, and mentally and they celebrated it all, and it's all still celebrated today... and some folks on this forum thread proclaim, "I'm Hispanic!!! I'm Hispanic !!! (. . . and I eat hot dogs. I loove hot dogs) Break Through the Lies. You can do it !!!!!

I'm here (as are the others who are posting reasonable explanations and FACTS) to deprogram the willing -

Breaking the lie one post at a time that the Philippines is not an Asian nation (the Philippines is in fact an asian nation - a southeast asian nation), and has culture that is "different" from other southeast (SOUTHEAST) asian countries ~ our culture and language is similar: Salamat, Selamat, Lumpia (<< you mean, you don't know that other countries say the same t hing when greeting and saying thank you and that they eat Lumpia)

It's 2013.... this information is out there - - - this information can be seen in plain sight by taking a plane ride, watching Youtube, talking to a friend of a friend. Seeing for yourself and not listening to the Hollywood Con Job that Filipinos are Spanish / Chinese. Come on now !!!! Come on now !!!! This is the age of books, youtube and the internet - surely we all know how to filter through the nonsense. Facts are your friend.

Last edited by yourusername; 03-06-2013 at 05:04 AM..

Old 03-06-2013, 09:50 AM

1,527 posts, read 2,199,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourusername View Post
Well, unfortunately, (and you're entitled to your affinity / identification) what you said is, to me, kind of like when a black child (clearly of african descent) is adopted by a white family and he has a choice to self identify and chooses to identify as white. You get my drift. There are social implications where people are just going to think, "huh?" (because they probably won't actually say anything - either out of fear of putting their foot in their mouth or fear that they'd offend) This, to me, is like a person of Filipino descent / ethnicity saying he or she is "hispanic" (and most people won't say anything to you to be polite, but they'll be thinking "huh? WTF") To say so is a falsity, based upon false logic, or at the very least - one of those "Huh?" moments like I mentioned above. Meaning, (and not to be offensive, but this is just an example) a lot of people are going to be thinking, "wow, now there's a genius." The Philippines is not a Latin-American or quote unquote a "Spanish-Speaking" country. To call oneself Hispanic is a (misguided) misnomer. Sorry, but no one would "buy" that a black child was white, no matter how much he or she bleached his or her skin like Michael Jackson. Filipinos are not Hispanic, and the nostalgia for a superficial hispanic name here or there, or an occasional empanada on a philippine menu or a catholic mass does not a Hispanic make. We could wrap the American Indian in red, white, and blue all day, everyday, all the live long day, and it will not make the American Indian an Uncle Sam lovin', apple-pie eatin' Yankee Doodle Dandy. American Indians do not go around saying (especially the ones on the Reservation) - "I'm an American, Culturally." I'm sorry, but it's laughable and misguided for one to think of themself as Hispanic. It's a type of Ethnic / Cultural Dysphoria, much like how some people have gender dysphoria and then flock to San Francisco to switch genders or gather amongst others who can re-align their genders (actually or socially). These folks change their selves. They change themselves. They do not change themselves and then make blanket statements about everybody else or that everyone else needs to call themselves something different because of their own dysphoria because they have issues. I'm pretty sure they own their own Dysphoria and don't place their own personal issues on all the humans in their nation. I'm a Filipina - who is proudly ethnically and culturally - Filipino. Period. I have never said "I'm Chinese / Spanish / Malay / Hawaiian" or whatever BS label the media has created in order to make my Filipino-ness more "multicultural" (which in my opinion has done much to destroy the idea of race, and encourage the dilution of it - much like "forced integration" has done to destroy american communities in the united states, and to dilute the pool of pure races). The Philippines is NOT MIXED. There is this International Push for MIXED racial IDENTITIES that is being hoisted on perceived weak nations - and yes, the Philippines is one (it had a double team effort in brainwashing the populace that it's "MIXED." Wake up, you're not mixed. .. AND the Philippines buys into it hook, line, and sinker. (See the BAYO Mixed-Race campaign in the news from 2012) In my humble opinion - - it is a pure "social construct" that this illusion / delusion of a Hispanicized culture exists. It (<the propaganda campaign to bring filipinos on the "you're spanish too," and "you're american too," bandwagon) --- It was all make-believe for the benefit of the Conquistadores, to make you feel like you were part of the party, like the party was made for you (us) so that they could more easily fill their galleys and coffers with your natural resources and labor. Much like how the Americans sold the mmmmm mmmmmm good BS PR about hot dogs being good and nutritious (like Spam and Vienna Sausage) while they ate steak and vegetables, and the galleon crews and friars sold you the hellfire brimstone inquisition. The natives ate it all up (literally) physically, spiritually, and mentally and they celebrated it all, and it's all still celebrated today... and some folks on this forum thread proclaim, "I'm Hispanic!!! I'm Hispanic !!! (. . . and I eat hot dogs. I loove hot dogs) Break Through the Lies. You can do it !!!!!

I'm here (as are the others who are posting reasonable explanations and FACTS) to deprogram the willing -

Breaking the lie one post at a time that the Philippines is not an Asian nation (the Philippines is in fact an asian nation - a southeast asian nation), and has culture that is "different" from other southeast (SOUTHEAST) asian countries ~ our culture and language is similar: Salamat, Selamat, Lumpia (<< you mean, you don't know that other countries say the same t hing when greeting and saying thank you and that they eat Lumpia)

It's 2013.... this information is out there - - - this information can be seen in plain sight by taking a plane ride, watching Youtube, talking to a friend of a friend. Seeing for yourself and not listening to the Hollywood Con Job that Filipinos are Spanish / Chinese. Come on now !!!! Come on now !!!! This is the age of books, youtube and the internet - surely we all know how to filter through the nonsense. Facts are your friend.

it would be more accurate if you said the Philippines was a multi-racial country ...where demographically the types of races you encounter are different according to which part of the country you are in

you have the negritos and their hybrid descandants (plenty of these types in Manila)

you have the austronesians (plenty of these types in northern luzon, coastal visayan regions, pockets in mindanao)

Last edited by ejay1; 03-06-2013 at 10:13 AM..

Old 03-06-2013, 12:37 PM

I guess I want to caution you in saying that the country is "MULTIRACIAL." By saying so, you're giving into the PR campaign of "multiculturalism." Please don't confuse skin shade variations with multi racialness. By that same logic, Australia is "Multiracial," because indigenous aboriginals live there. Hint: Negritos are the Philippine aboriginals. It's hardly fitting to say that because of that, the country is a multiracial country. Rome, the city, is multiracial. The United States is multiracial. London is multiracial. For the most part, the Philippines is one race of people - In other words, it's like calling Italy multiracial because their little city states are separated by hills and mountains. Do we say Italy is "multiracial," because northern italians live there with southern italians? Is it multiracial? Go discuss that at a cocktail party - some would say yes, but generally - it wouldn't be accepted to say italy is multiracial. Come on now !!! Understand how the term "Multicultural" is a negative social construct. I would even go so far as to say it's a Eugenic construct. Now go unify your people (my people). Stop creating Dis-unity with the "M" word. The Philppines is one nation, related to its brethren in southeast asia - end of story. It is not Spanish, its people are not Spanish, and we are not Hispanic. Quit already. Stop perpetuating the ignorance that exists here in the United States about the Philippines - - - so called Filipinos in the so called Philippines understand their geographical place and ethnic heritage.

Old 03-06-2013, 08:04 PM

1,527 posts, read 2,199,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourusername View Post
I guess I want to caution you in saying that the country is "MULTIRACIAL." By saying so, you're giving into the PR campaign of "multiculturalism." Please don't confuse skin shade variations with multi racialness. By that same logic, Australia is "Multiracial," because indigenous aboriginals live there. Hint: Negritos are the Philippine aboriginals. It's hardly fitting to say that because of that, the country is a multiracial country. Rome, the city, is multiracial. The United States is multiracial. London is multiracial. For the most part, the Philippines is one race of people - In other words, it's like calling Italy multiracial because their little city states are separated by hills and mountains. Do we say Italy is "multiracial," because northern italians live there with southern italians? Is it multiracial? Go discuss that at a cocktail party - some would say yes, but generally - it wouldn't be accepted to say italy is multiracial. Come on now !!! Understand how the term "Multicultural" is a negative social construct. I would even go so far as to say it's a Eugenic construct. Now go unify your people (my people). Stop creating Dis-unity with the "M" word. The Philppines is one nation, related to its brethren in southeast asia - end of story. It is not Spanish, its people are not Spanish, and we are not Hispanic. Quit already. Stop perpetuating the ignorance that exists here in the United States about the Philippines - - - so called Filipinos in the so called Philippines understand their geographical place and ethnic heritage.
Australia is multi-racial because the white australians are obviously a different race from the aborginals

The philippines is multi-racial because the modern day filipinos are obviously a different race from the aboriginals

Old 03-07-2013, 10:28 AM

13 posts, read 30,219 times
Ok, let me explain: We are here on this forum to explain to the world that the so called Filipinos located in the country called the Philippines are not hispanic by blood. The Philippines located in the Philippines are not even Hispanic or Latin by Geography because Latin America is located on the other side of the globe. Filipinos are SOUTHEAST ASIAN.

* somewhere in this mix of explanations, it was said that the country is "Multi Racial" - this is not true. Filipinos are NOT MIXED (there is less than 3% European DNA in the people of the Philippines). Do not get superficial spanish influence in name and architecture confused with DNA. If you go to the Philippines you will see a sea of millions of malay looking black haired peoples. This sea of malay looking black haired people far outnumber any make believe idea of "multiracial". White people, if any, - - - any spaniards, if any - - - and the predominant race that you will see will be malay / southeast asian - looking filipino people. When one says "multiracial," one thinks of the American melting pot where Europeans walk side by side with Asians who walk side by side with South and Central Latin Americans. This is really not the case in the Philippines.

I would say that very little of the architecture is influenced by the Spanish (Intramuros, University of Santo Thomas). I would also say that some of the names in the Philippines were influenced (and when I say influenced, I mean by F-O-R-C-E and by law) by the Spanish. However, the Spanish influence is only superficial. There is 3% or less European DNA in the people of the Philippines.

Old 03-07-2013, 10:37 AM

Yes !!!!! . . . because after all, the Vietnamese who were colonized by the French and the Indonesians who were colonized by the Dutch ~ they all magically changed their DNA and became French and Dutch.

So, yes - because the Vietnamese are now "Latin" being that the French colonized them for 100 years - - and the Indonesians are now Dutch, through colonization, we have all magically, and through science fiction, changed our blood DNA, genetic makeup, and are now all walking and breathing "EUROPEANS," every one of the sea of millions of black haired people in southeast asia.

The Vietnamese say, "Garcon, un pain baguette s'il vous plait" <<<< and because they write these words on a bakery menu, or have pate in their diet, or have french coffee in their culture - this makes them French, or multicultural, or bastardized in their DNA. The French Baguette has eternally changed the genes of the Vietnamese people.

Same goes for the Indonesians. The dish Rijstaffel changed the DNA of the Indonesian people to Dutch. The Dutch influence on the culture of the people made it so when you see a swarm of milllions of Indonesian people in Indonesia, what you are really seeing are European people walking around in costume. They are all European now.

. . . and if you don't get that this is (roll your eyes) sarcasm, then I don't know what to tell you.

Hahahahaha. Just a few buildings with Spanish Architecture and Adobo (by name) and a legal decree to change last names to Spanish - - - does not a people of spanish blood make. There is less than 3% european blood in the people of the Philippines.

Old 03-07-2013, 10:44 AM

Filipinos are Asian. No matter how much wording you apply to the Filipino people (ie - i'm making fun of Spanish surnames by decree by law by force and Adobo and how changing the names of things isn't going to do much to change the Dominant DNA of the people. Less than 3% of the population has any european blood, but somehow you just go on and on thinking you're Spanish because your Lola told you that your great Lolo had blue eyes and came from Mallorca), they are going to be predominantly NOT Spanish in their DNA.

You can say that there is a little Spanish architecture in the country (Intramurous and University of Santo Thomas), but there is little else. Filipinos generally speak Spanish muy malo a la Taco Bell.

Delusion is the only Spanish in the Philippines - the past is over, it's 2013.

Old 03-07-2013, 10:53 AM

Dysphoria, people. Ethnic Dysphoria.

1) geographically - southeast asian
2) ethnically (DNA) - southeast asian
3) culturally - southeast asian > rice, pointed hats for working in the rice paddies, fish, coconut milk and hot chilis, ginger, lemon grass, durian, mangosteen, rambutan, longan, dragon fruit, . . . . your parents shop in CHINATOWN and ASIAN MARKETS, you drink avocado shakes (sweet, not with salsa and tortilla chips), you eat mung bean and red beans in shaved ice, you eat purple yam, rice cakes, noodles noodles, pansit, muslim culture like in malaysia and indonesia.

All else is sentimental superficial residue left over from the galleons who just trashed the place, people - - - don't believe the propaganda that wants to destroy your DNA. Be proud that only less than 3% destruction by the europeans was done (less than 3% of the phillipine population has any european blood). MABUHAY !!!!! Salamat / Selamat !!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or