U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 01:34 AM

6,415 posts, read 5,572,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Please just ignore my posts in future, EnricoV. Just put me on your ignore list, would you?
Lol. You're saying I can't respond to your posts?

It's really hilarious, given that you don't seem to be able to ignore my posts. If you don't like it. Don't respond to me. Otherwise, I'm going to do exactly what I feel like doing. M-kay?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 01:38 AM

84 posts, read 116,097 times
I haven't found anything yet, because all of my relations moved between 1930 and 1940... So, I'll have to wait until it's indexed. :-/

Old 04-10-2012, 07:58 AM
bjh bjh started this thread

20,385 posts, read 12,134,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnricoV View Post
Lol. You're saying I can't respond to your posts?

It's really hilarious, given that you don't seem to be able to ignore my posts. If you don't like it. Don't respond to me. Otherwise, I'm going to do exactly what I feel like doing. M-kay?
I'm saying I wish you wouldn't because all you seem to do is spout flippancy. At one time I thought you were a very helpful poster. But not so much anymore. Of course you will do what you feel like doing. Just remember some people mistake argumentativeness for cleverness.

Old 04-10-2012, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danni.C View Post
I haven't found anything yet, because all of my relations moved between 1930 and 1940... So, I'll have to wait until it's indexed. :-/
You may be able to find them before that. Some of the suggested sites on this thread can help. Indexing is going to take a loooong time.

Old 04-10-2012, 04:40 PM

10,026 posts, read 7,503,686 times
Quote:
You may be able to find them before that. Some of the suggested sites on this thread can help. Indexing is going to take a loooong time.
I found my grandmother, sans grandfather, and mom and my aunt. She is listed with an m for married which is crossed out with a D for divorced, and isn't working yet so I assumen it was recent. I also found my great uncle while looking for them.

My grandfather moved to some other local in Los Angeles. I'm wondering if I should just spend hours looking or wait. I want to document his second marriage though.

I've been thinking that if I could find the phone book for 1941 I could find an area. Anyone know how to access phone directories?

Old 04-11-2012, 08:16 AM

4 posts, read 6,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
I found my grandmother, sans grandfather, and mom and my aunt. She is listed with an m for married which is crossed out with a D for divorced, and isn't working yet so I assumen it was recent. I also found my great uncle while looking for them.

My grandfather moved to some other local in Los Angeles. I'm wondering if I should just spend hours looking or wait. I want to document his second marriage though.

I've been thinking that if I could find the phone book for 1941 I could find an area. Anyone know how to access phone directories?
If you're looking for Los Angeles directories, the LAPL has a few available online at their site: ResCarta-Web - Browse Titles

They don't have 1941, but they do have '39 and '42.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:37 AM

6,415 posts, read 5,572,522 times
Quote:
I'm saying I wish you wouldn't because all you seem to do is spout flippancy. At one time I thought you were a very helpful poster. But not so much anymore. Of course you will do what you feel like doing. Just remember some people mistake argumentativeness for cleverness.
Big fail at the ignoring, yet again, on your part. But big marks for the passive aggressive nature of your reply.

Old 04-11-2012, 12:21 PM

8 posts, read 7,973 times
Default What I Found in the 1940 Census

I always knew my mom played a steel guitar, but found out that was her occupation, she never said anything.

I found out my dad was married more times than I knew, 5 to be exact, and the last one was NOT my mom, crazy.

Found out where my Grandparents lived and my Aunts and Uncles lived with them and they were not KIDS.

I am having fun with the 1940census, but with no family alive there is still more to find.

Patience is really needed

Old 04-11-2012, 04:00 PM

10,315 posts, read 9,851,926 times
Some links and hints at Ancestry.com

http://us.mg203.mail.yahoo.com/dc/la...=5fhcoe3h45pai

Old 04-11-2012, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnricoV View Post
Big fail at the ignoring, yet again, on your part. But big marks for the passive aggressive nature of your reply.
I didn't say I would ignore you. I asked you to ignore me, if all you're going to do is be argumentative. Thanks in advance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy