Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 02:50 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Oh, right. And probably when Zanzibar belonged to Arabia, a lot of people moved back and forth, and settled in Arabia from Zanzibar. Makes sense. Of course, since the first migration from Africa to Asia was along the coast, all Arabs are ultimately descended from Africans, anyway. But so are we all.
All true. The Tanzanian coast as well as Zanzibar is the ancestral home of many Arabs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2012, 02:59 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,625,398 times
If you are an American citizen, you could just say that you are an All-American person. Anything in front of American is for racist people. I prefer just American if you are a citizen. Maybe you would want to take one of those DNA tests. I have so many possibilities that I have considered doing that. I just call myself an All-American girl.

I forgot to mention that your ancestry sounds interesting.

Old 08-13-2012, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
If you are an American citizen, you could just say that you are an All-American person. Anything in front of American is for racist people. I prefer just American if you are a citizen. Maybe you would want to take one of those DNA tests. I have so many possibilities that I have considered doing that. I just call myself an All-American girl.
Interesting in that it was those of African descent who were set aside as different legally and socially from the beginning.........but now it's them who are the racists.

Old 08-13-2012, 09:59 PM

517 posts, read 998,957 times
yea so I guess because their sport's team is black are all americans black because many of our athletes are guesswhat? Black.....

Old 08-13-2012, 10:36 PM

102,202 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
If you are an American citizen, you could just say that you are an All-American person. Anything in front of American is for racist people.
No, forced assimilation ignoring cultural, linguistic and historical differences is a racist proposition. Illegal now, too, under international law. Let the people themselves decide how they want themselves referred to. Is that so hard?

Old 08-13-2012, 10:43 PM

I actually wanted to say I'm AA because my hubby's aa and his parents are black which I lied to

Old 08-14-2012, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitgirl11 View Post
yea so I guess because their sport's team is black are all americans black because many of our athletes are guesswhat? Black.....
Are you being obtuse on purpose or is it that you cannot help it? I never said all Saudis, etc., were black. I said some were and you continued to try and deny it. So I show you them, and you come back with nothing. Please stop trying, OK?

Old 08-14-2012, 10:41 AM

no as much as americans are.

Old 08-15-2012, 04:35 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitgirl11 View Post
My dad is from Trinidad. Well he was. And my mom's parents came to America from Mauritius in their teens. Mauritius is a small African Island. So my grandparents are African Americans. My mom may have some creole descent on her mom's side. My dad's family dark but they're all pretty purely indian so they claim. But I was wondering how one knows for sure? A third of those with indian ancestry in Trinidad & Tobago also have african ancestry. Also what are creoles? What race are they? I read a lot about them being austronesian. But what race is that exactly? Also are malagasy people black or asian? Primarily both my parents believe they're indian....anyhow am I technically carib/african american or not? What do you think?
I was going to write this long explanatory response, but I've written it too many times. But here's a simple test. Find a Klan or Skinhead meeting and ask them if you can join. If the say no, you've got your answer.

Old 08-15-2012, 04:38 AM

well of course I can't those groups exclude middle eastern white people let alone a brown indian like me....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy