U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2012, 06:48 PM

358 posts, read 711,410 times

Advertisements

I'm starting my own side business for research purposes. An initial review of what you're interested in/looking for will be free. I have 13 years experience with genealogy research, for myself, family, friends, and strangers. I will be completely honest in my assessment, and if I don't believe I can help you (or if I don't think I'd be the correct person to help you) I will say so. If you ask for an initial review, you are under no further obligation unless you choose to continue with the process into full research.

Online research and in-person research are both available based on your needs. For in-person research, anything within about 3 hours of Baltimore, MD is available (possibly further depending on the location you're interested in). Further pricing can be found at my site,

Genealogist for Hire

Thanks! -Katie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2012, 11:38 AM

738 posts, read 771,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ker8 View Post
I'm starting my own side business for research purposes. An initial review of what you're interested in/looking for will be free. I have 13 years experience with genealogy research, for myself, family, friends, and strangers. I will be completely honest in my assessment, and if I don't believe I can help you (or if I don't think I'd be the correct person to help you) I will say so. If you ask for an initial review, you are under no further obligation unless you choose to continue with the process into full research.

Online research and in-person research are both available based on your needs. For in-person research, anything within about 3 hours of Baltimore, MD is available (possibly further depending on the location you're interested in). Further pricing can be found at my site,

Genealogist for Hire

Thanks! -Katie
Congrats on starting your business! If you haven't done so already, you may want to consider becoming an independent contractor through Genlighten. I've used their services on many occasions for research in several different states and find that their fees are reasonable and their service is excellent.

I have been researching for years and always found it difficult and rather expensive to track down a good researcher in any one area. In most cases, I know exactly the research I needed done, but had to weed through several emails to figure out who would or would not do it. Genlighten is like one-stop shopping because each provider posts what they are willing to do.

Regardless, I wish you the very best of success with your new venture.

RVcook
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy