U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are mixed race people more attractive?
Yes, they are more attractive than people that aren't mixed 53 31.36%
hard to say 23 13.61%
No, they are just as attractive as people who aren't mixed 93 55.03%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 04:34 PM

31,385 posts, read 31,051,757 times

Advertisements

I think Genealogy is in dire need of moderation.

Old 04-17-2013, 11:31 AM

40,900 posts, read 32,658,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
Now mix that Irish hair with nappy black hair.

Try taming that monster.

Beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder. All the women I have dated and considered beautiful WERE beautiful 24/7.

Even when they were sweaty, stinky, tired and angry. Shrug...

Of course, that's subjective...
Well, you have a point - but I was speaking objectively - not with a big ol' wad of amorous feeling thrown into the mix!

Old 04-17-2013, 11:56 AM

89 posts, read 114,271 times
People are always attracted to what is different. The old mixing of the genes axiom.

Old 04-28-2013, 02:36 PM

1,859 posts, read 1,958,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capablanca View Post
You kind of have to look at people like Halle Berry, Derek Jeter, Rashida Jones, Alicia Keyes, Jessica Ennis, Vanessa Williams, Lolo Jones, Olivia Munn and Shemar Moore and draw your own conclusions. Not an unattractive person in the bunch. Not even just a slightly above average person among them as they are pretty much universally thought of as VERY attractive. Your President Barak Obama is mixed race but he's ugly.
Looks are always a matter of preference, and yes, there are many women who think Obama is attractive, and really doesn't always appear bi-racial. The OP question at hand gets a bit provocative though, the suggestion is, does "white blood" make people of African decent look more attractive? Does a darker skin person having facial features that are, in general more Caucasian, improve looks? The people listed above, are celebrities, in very good shape. Vanessa Williams without make-up is nothing special, the same with Rashida Jones, who appears to have very little stereotypical negro features in spite of being bi-racial also needs make-up. Jessica Ennis, also is nothing special. Derek Jeter is hot, but there are plenty of white baseball players that are hotter. It's all a matter of preference. I think Sean Lowe from last seasons The Bachelor, now on Dancing With the Stars is extremely hot, but there are those that would think blue-eyed blondes of this variety are too pale and washed out looking. To each his own.

Old 05-27-2013, 05:11 PM

221 posts, read 303,146 times
Default Isn't the human race mixed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Cold Shower View Post
It seems that media and basically a lot of newspaper these days are set on forcing the whole ideal that mixed race people (basically white and black mixed in their eyes) are more attractive than everyone else. Now if you disagree, you get branded a racist fast!

I remember a Black friend of mines asking "so let me get this straight, you are telling me a mixed race guy is more attractive than me because he has White in him while I am not good looking because I don't have any White in me?". It was against this college girl who said that and the girl didn't respond.

What are your thoughts on the whole mixed race people are more attractive belief?

I think the human race is already mixed. Anyway, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It would be convenient to be able to generalize, but foolish. Every person has different tastes. If you are asking whether lighter black featured people are better looking than darker... Well, I have been seeing many women with a preference for the darkest man they can find. I see these really pale pale white ladies with dark dark black men. They seem to like it...but you know some would never consider it. People are all different.

Old 05-27-2013, 05:37 PM

7,497 posts, read 9,274,846 times
Not necessarily.

Old 05-27-2013, 06:53 PM

72,666 posts, read 64,140,481 times
Option 4 on the poll:

It depends on the mix.

Old 05-27-2013, 06:56 PM

472 posts, read 462,980 times
Sometimes mixed-race people are more attractive, and sometimes "pure"-race people are.

It depends on the person. Race makes no difference to me.

Old 05-27-2013, 08:55 PM

17,988 posts, read 17,140,226 times
I have been to places where there has been a huge amount of inbreeding within a small area and the people were not good looking, in fact I remarked to someone on how homely the people were. Other than that, I don't see any difference between staying within your own race or not. I had a few aunts who were very beautiful and the family is English>English>English>English all the way. There are lots of different looks just within what we consider English--the really beautiful one, known for her looks, had ivory skin, green eyes and red hair.

But I have seen mixes of different races who are beautiful too. There are Asian women who are drop dead gorgeous, black women who are gorgeous. There are Asians who marry blacks or whites -- there are millions of combinations and it just depends. Depends on how the combination turns out--can look good, can look bad. You can have kids from the same parents and one will look great, the other one not so much. Who knows?

Old 06-15-2013, 09:58 AM

12 posts, read 33,165 times
that depends on the races that are being mixed. Black White mixes usually turn out ugly most of the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or