U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are mixed race people more attractive?
Yes, they are more attractive than people that aren't mixed 53 31.36%
hard to say 23 13.61%
No, they are just as attractive as people who aren't mixed 93 55.03%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 05:07 AM

406 posts, read 663,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capablanca View Post
You kind of have to look at people like Halle Berry, Derek Jeter, Rashida Jones, Alicia Keyes, Jessica Ennis, Vanessa Williams, Lolo Jones, Olivia Munn and Shemar Moore and draw your own conclusions. Not an unattractive person in the bunch. Not even just a slightly above average person among them as they are pretty much universally thought of as VERY attractive. Your President Barak Obama is mixed race but he's ugly.
I think it's BS to say that biracial people look better or are the most attractive, because not all biracial people look like the ones you just named; the people you named are all celebrities, and for the most part, they look for attractive people to put in the media and make celebrities. Look at Lolo Jones; she did all those photo shoots, all that modeling, TV commercials, interviews, etc. and didn't win one medal. Speaking of which, I think Allyson Felix---a fully Black track and field star---is MUCH more attractive than Lolo Jones. Plus she actually wins medals and competitions and is not just a pretty face and a nice body.

Moreover, for every attractive biracial person they put on TV and make a star, there are just as many ugly to average looking biracial people walking around in real life who don't get any attention. Trust me, I see plenty every day!

Old 01-11-2013, 06:30 AM

24,757 posts, read 32,916,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capablanca View Post
You kind of have to look at people like Halle Berry, Derek Jeter, Rashida Jones, Alicia Keyes, Jessica Ennis, Vanessa Williams, Lolo Jones, Olivia Munn and Shemar Moore and draw your own conclusions. Not an unattractive person in the bunch. Not even just a slightly above average person among them as they are pretty much universally thought of as VERY attractive.

They are all celebrities who happen to be attractive. There are lots of allegedly "unmixed" people who are just as attractive, and lots of "mixed" people who are ugly as sin. Most are not celebrities.
Quote:

Your President Barak Obama is mixed race but he's ugly.
uhh.....what?

Quote:
I think its ridiculous to say that any race (or mix of races) is more attractive than other races because people all look different. Take a look at any Miss Universe Pageant and you'l see beautiful women of all races, colors, countries, etc. Its just that some people may have their own specific PREFERENCES, but this doesnt mean that what they like is more attractive than others.
This makes sense. There is no correlation between race and attractiveness.

Having responded to all of this, I have to say - this topic doesn't even belong on the Genealogy forum.

Old 01-11-2013, 06:31 AM

24,757 posts, read 32,916,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redberry rose View Post
I can list a bunch of mono-race people who are considered universally attractive. The people you listed are either beauty pageant winners or models/actresses of course they are going to be above average.
How do you define mixed? How do you define "mono-race?"

Old 01-11-2013, 07:27 AM

41,034 posts, read 32,728,581 times
Pretty is as pretty does.

Old 01-11-2013, 07:36 AM

634 posts, read 785,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redberry rose View Post
I can list a bunch of mono-race people who are considered universally attractive.
Which is EXACTLY the point I wanted to make. ANYONE can be considered attractive no matter what their background is.

Old 01-11-2013, 10:17 AM

770 posts, read 707,110 times
They all look passably attractive, but not especially so. White people range from hideously ugly to jaw droppingly beautiful.
Mixed race people all look not quite 'the same' but kind of more or less equal in terms of attractiveness. Rarely 'wow theyre ugly' but generally not strikingly attractive either.

Just my opinion.

Old 01-11-2013, 11:00 AM

154 posts, read 293,305 times
I read some articles on the Guardian (and mainly British newspapers) saying how Mixed race people are more intelligent and more attractive as well. Seems like the whole country of England is stuck on this idea.

Old 01-11-2013, 11:00 AM

904 posts, read 1,165,936 times
Someone said Jeter hot lol?

Anyway yes mixed are beautiful. Just go to brazil nuff said. Also a lot of the models in America are foreighners so that should tell you something.

Old 01-11-2013, 11:41 AM

156 posts, read 262,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilksFavoriteCookie View Post
Someone said Jeter hot lol?

Anyway yes mixed are beautiful. Just go to brazil nuff said. Also a lot of the models in America are foreighners so that should tell you something.
Naw, they're upper class foreigners who are much better than the locals.

I'm mixed and lived in "mixed" 3rd world countries as a concert/event photographer; the upper class looks better and is typically more mixed. They'd be better looking than most even without the mixed blood.

As for mixed people look better; it's REALLY hit or miss. Some folks dig mixed folks and will hunt then down. We're not common so the ones who like us REALLY, REALLY like us.

Old 01-11-2013, 11:42 AM

156 posts, read 262,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Cold Shower View Post
I read some articles on the Guardian (and mainly British newspapers) saying how Mixed race people are more intelligent and more attractive as well. Seems like the whole country of England is stuck on this idea.

As a mixed person I wonder who the hell keeps writing stuff like this. Either way us mixed people appreciate it very much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or