U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are mixed race people more attractive?
Yes, they are more attractive than people that aren't mixed 53 31.36%
hard to say 23 13.61%
No, they are just as attractive as people who aren't mixed 93 55.03%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 02:07 AM

210 posts, read 311,100 times

Advertisements

The media is very racist though and has no problem hiding it lol. If it was easier and cheaper to hire biracial actors or models wouldn't they just hire a latino that is already mixed? most latinos are mixed with native american + black, white, or asian. Yet, the media keeps giving us this image that the more european looking an actor or model is the more beautiful they are. However, America will soon look like a little brazil with the number of IR relationships climbing so maybe soon race will not be as relevant as the european population in this country dwindles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
The media uses "bi-racial" actors and models because it easier and cheaper to have one person who multiple races can identify with or accept.

Old 03-21-2013, 09:34 PM

261 posts, read 424,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_kiss1 View Post
The media is very racist though and has no problem hiding it lol. If it was easier and cheaper to hire biracial actors or models wouldn't they just hire a latino that is already mixed? most latinos are mixed with native american + black, white, or asian. Yet, the media keeps giving us this image that the more european looking an actor or model is the more beautiful they are. However, America will soon look like a little brazil with the number of IR relationships climbing so maybe soon race will not be as relevant as the european population in this country dwindles.
You sound nutty. What are you talking about 'why not use a mixed latin model' idea. What because you think any mixed latin person could pass for any race--black or white. Bull crap.
And pure breed Whites are going no were. In what fantasy world are you living in poster.

Old 03-21-2013, 11:33 PM

210 posts, read 311,100 times
Of course they could! Look at cameron diaz she passes for White in all her movies. I don't see a movie that displayed her Cuban heritage. Look at Sammy Davis jr. Half puerto rican and black yet classified as black in america. There are a ton. Raquel Welch also half hispanic and half english. Zoe Saldana.. she is dominican yet she plays only black yet knows fluent Spanish. Mariah Carey her father is Black venezuelan and her mother is Irish. Also, most US supermodels are Hispanic. Adriana Lima, Gisel Bundchen, Christy Turlington, Helena Christensen. So yes, a hispanic person could pass for just about anything! In what FANTASY are you living in poster? The US is a mix of heritages not just White but pretty soon the US will be a very mixed place!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumNCoke View Post
You sound nutty. What are you talking about 'why not use a mixed latin model' idea. What because you think any mixed latin person could pass for any race--black or white. Bull crap.
And pure breed Whites are going no were. In what fantasy world are you living in poster.

Old 03-22-2013, 11:15 AM

24,757 posts, read 32,896,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_kiss1 View Post
Of course they could! Look at cameron diaz she passes for White in all her movies. I don't see a movie that displayed her Cuban heritage. Look at Sammy Davis jr. Half puerto rican and black yet classified as black in america. There are a ton. Raquel Welch also half hispanic and half english. Zoe Saldana.. she is dominican yet she plays only black yet knows fluent Spanish. Mariah Carey her father is Black venezuelan and her mother is Irish. Also, most US supermodels are Hispanic. Adriana Lima, Gisel Bundchen, Christy Turlington, Helena Christensen. So yes, a hispanic person could pass for just about anything! In what FANTASY are you living in poster? The US is a mix of heritages not just White but pretty soon the US will be a very mixed place!
You're comparing apples with oranges. Diaz is Cuban - White Cuban. Of course she could play a Cuban woman, if she knew enough Spanish. But that wouldn't change the fact that she is blonde and blue-eyed, a white woman who happens to be of Cuban origin. Sammy Davis Jr. is half Cuban (not PR) and half African American. Both of his parents were black - one was from Cuba (Ms. Sanchez), the other from America (Mr. Davis). That's why he was called black - because he was black. Raquel and Zoe are known as mixed Latinas, and both have played American and Latina parts. Zoe can also play African American parts because she is American born, has African ancestry and knows the AA culture. As well, everyone knows that Mariah Carey is Irish (white mom) and Venezuelan (black father).

Hispanic or Latino is a culture, not a race. Some Latinos are black, some white, some Native, some Asian, and some combinations of the above. This is nothing new.

The US has been a mixed nation for about 400 years or so. This is nothing new.

Old 03-22-2013, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumNCoke View Post
Actually, the number of what you would consider "pure breed Whites" is diminishing and will continue to diminish worldwide. Most "pure breed" members of any race are becoming rarer and rarer every day, and I welcome this.

Old 03-25-2013, 06:17 AM

83 posts, read 111,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Cold Shower View Post
It seems that media and basically a lot of newspaper these days are set on forcing the whole ideal that mixed race people (basically white and black mixed in their eyes) are more attractive than everyone else. Now if you disagree, you get branded a racist fast!

I remember a Black friend of mines asking "so let me get this straight, you are telling me a mixed race guy is more attractive than me because he has White in him while I am not good looking because I don't have any White in me?". It was against this college girl who said that and the girl didn't respond.

What are your thoughts on the whole mixed race people are more attractive belief?
No way. People look best when they are pure, whether black, white, asian, middle eastern, native american.

Old 03-25-2013, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntingtonHenry View Post
No way. People look best when they are pure, whether black, white, asian, middle eastern, native american.
Then there must be a lot of ugly people out there, because a minuscule percentage of the Earth's population is what you could call "pure."

Very few pure blacks or whites or Native Americans in this hemisphere, and Middle Easterners themselves are largely a mixture of European, Asian and African.

Old 03-25-2013, 08:07 AM

6,936 posts, read 6,990,802 times
Quote:
Mixed race people are more attractive, what are your thoughts on this?

Beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.

Old 03-25-2013, 10:18 AM

5,577 posts, read 4,782,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Then there must be a lot of ugly people out there, because a minuscule percentage of the Earth's population is what you could call "pure."

Very few pure blacks or whites or Native Americans in this hemisphere, and Middle Easterners themselves are largely a mixture of European, Asian and African.

Maybe in the world but not in the USA.

Not one relative of mine is mixed race. Not one friend of mine has mixed race children or grandchildren. Only one neighbor of all the neighbors I have had over the years. The people in this country are mostly one race. In some areas I am sure it is much more common but no where near the majority.

Old 03-25-2013, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
Maybe in the world but not in the USA.

Not one relative of mine is mixed race. Not one friend of mine has mixed race children or grandchildren. Only one neighbor of all the neighbors I have had over the years. The people in this country are mostly one race. In some areas I am sure it is much more common but no where near the majority.
Not one relative or friend or their relatives are mixed race -to your knowledge or even to their knowledge.

I guarantee you there are many people within your circle who are mixed with European, Native, and/or yes, African. It is a statistical certainty that after 500-plus years of people of three or more races occupying the same land that very few of them would come exclusively from one of those races. You live in Arizona, for God's sake. There are huge Mexican and Native American communities there. Mexicans are almost all mixed, and not every Native American is pure. That eliminates a high percentage of people from your "pure" designation already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or