U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are mixed race people more attractive?
Yes, they are more attractive than people that aren't mixed 53 31.36%
hard to say 23 13.61%
No, they are just as attractive as people who aren't mixed 93 55.03%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 05:07 AM

4,672 posts, read 8,113,964 times

Advertisements

I think that mixed race people are more likely to look "unusual" and so people find mixed race individuals attractive because of that novelty, and the novelty helps win attention. If you have a population of all mixed race people they're not going to be any more or less inherently attractive then any other ethnic population.

Old 03-28-2013, 05:50 AM

5,239 posts, read 6,523,213 times
Forcing the idea? Who is doing that specifically? A lot of newspapers? Who's branding you a racist for saying that you don't find interracial people more attractive than anyone else. So its opinion, some people like vanilla, some like chocolate, some may prefer mixed flavors, its preference. What's the big deal. I could care less what the media or celebrities say about anything. I'm surprised so many people follow every bowl movement celebrities tweet.

My ex wife was from Africa, she was beautiful, certainly adding a bit more cream wouldn't have made her more attractive to me. I do think mixed race babies, black and white are very cute. Its just personal opinion if you would find that baby cuter than a blonde blue eyed child.

Old 03-28-2013, 09:17 AM

24,757 posts, read 32,933,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
Forcing the idea? Who is doing that specifically? A lot of newspapers? Who's branding you a racist for saying that you don't find interracial people more attractive than anyone else. So its opinion, some people like vanilla, some like chocolate, some may prefer mixed flavors, its preference. What's the big deal. I could care less what the media or celebrities say about anything. I'm surprised so many people follow every bowl movement celebrities tweet.

My ex wife was from Africa, she was beautiful, certainly adding a bit more cream wouldn't have made her more attractive to me. I do think mixed race babies, black and white are very cute. Its just personal opinion if you would find that baby cuter than a blonde blue eyed child.
What if the blond, blue-eyed child is black?

Old 03-28-2013, 09:43 AM

6,958 posts, read 2,040,590 times
Nonsense...seems pretty much equal to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntingtonHenry View Post
Uh oh, don't get "ghetto" on me. It is you who has makes no sense and you can't read/write. Go back 3rd grade. Best advice I can give you.
How strange. I read the convo and only you came off as ghetto. SMH.

Old 03-28-2013, 09:49 AM

17,414 posts, read 18,301,719 times
Quote:
You just don't know how to read and write. That's your problem. Not mine. You said they were "ugly." I didn't.
Umm, actually he didn't

Quote:
You just don't know how to read and write. That's your problem. Not mine. You said they were "ugly." I didn't.
Wait, I have an idea! Why don't you just quote the post in which he states that they are "ugly". Easy peasy. Problem solved.

Old 03-28-2013, 09:53 AM

Quote:
I've got degrees from three universities that prove I do know how to read and write.

Old 03-28-2013, 11:09 AM

12,411 posts, read 15,957,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterStar View Post
Good point...have you ever noticed with dogs, mixed breeds are the smartest!
I don't agree with that at all. Look at birds, how corvids and parrots are so smart. In the cat world Siamese types tend to be the Einsteins. I've had some pretty stupid mixed breed dogs and cats.

I would like to get away from 'racism' and move to the idea that we all have genes that are brilliant and beautiful and genes that are the opposite. When we mate, with anyone irrespective of race, we are playing genetic roulette. We could each get offspring who are ugly, sickly, and stupid. You know the saying 'There, but for the grace of God, go I'. It's true.

I would like to see a day in which we are offered a sample of our genes and our mate's genes and select the best combos out of the lot. It would be our kid, but the best (according to us) kid that our genes would produce.

There was a special on tv that addressed beauty. The ideal of beauty, no matter what culture or race the person was from, was the face that was an amalgamation of all races, all peoples. Well, considering that we all had a common ancestor, that makes sense, doesn't it?

Old 03-28-2013, 11:19 AM

568 posts, read 818,087 times
Nope, I don't see anything more attractive about a mixed race person.

Old 03-28-2013, 11:44 AM

12,411 posts, read 15,957,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Actually, the number of what you would consider "pure breed Whites" is diminishing and will continue to diminish worldwide. Most "pure breed" members of any race are becoming rarer and rarer every day, and I welcome this.
What IS as 'pure breed white' anyway?
Are not we all mixtures of migrating tribes and whichever native populations that we wandered into?

Old 03-28-2013, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
What IS as 'pure breed white' anyway?
I don't know, which is why I said "what you would consider."

Quote:
Are not we all mixtures of migrating tribes and whichever native populations that we wandered into?
That's been my contention all along; it is those who are not progressive who continue to float the never-legitimate concept of "racial purity."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or