U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 09:18 AM

24,757 posts, read 32,919,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier77 View Post
Maybe is Moor or Sephardic blood, maybe not. There were many other groups of people in the Peninsula, for example the Phoenicians, the Greeks, Carthaginians, Vikings, Goths, Asturs, etc.

And then the fact that I am a man. My sisters look average white, but men look darker, because we donīt get pregnant. When a woman gets pregnant she needs as much d-vitamin as possible, and the easiest way to get it is from the sunlight. The whiter you are, the more d-vitamin you get from the sun. The darker you are, the less d-vitamin you get, that's why black people tend to suffer from d-vitamin deficiency when they live in northern countries. But Black women are a few shades lighter than Black men.
What?

Old 04-16-2013, 02:46 PM

9,838 posts, read 13,932,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier77 View Post
I am from Spain. The thing is that I have an slightly darker shade of skin, so many times I've been asked if I am Middle Eastern, Latino...or even from Pakistan,lol. (well, things stop being funny when I got stopped by the cops for a random frisk and search every now and again, or women grab their purses tight when I am around...)

But other people say "nonsense, you are just brunette, but you look as local as anyone else". So I guess it's a very subjective stuff, all this "looks" thing.

You were BORN in Spain. That does not make you Spanish by blood. Also, I do not know if that were you on the pic, or someone else. Everyone assumed it's you.
Person in the pic - and it could have been bigger one - has facial features of European Hebrew. Hebrews have many peoples in them, including Arabs. Reason being, it's turned out wide spread nostrils, and shorter nose. Not turned up, shorter, proportionally to the skull size. It's European mix blood sign, for Hebrews that normally have more flashy noses, turned down and longer. Eyes also fall into this category. Explains olive skin either.
I almost said - Israeli soldier. Kinda looked like it, from the new immigrants wave from Europe to Israel.

Old 12-12-2013, 02:56 PM

1 posts, read 774 times
Question my race

I have black hair, hazel eyes. My dad is white (english/irish) , my mum is half german and half mediterranean (greek,southern italian and portugese)

Overall, what race am i?

Old 12-12-2013, 03:33 PM

1,661 posts, read 1,874,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediterraneanboy View Post
I have black hair, hazel eyes. My dad is white (english/irish) , my mum is half german and half mediterranean (greek,southern italian and portugese)

Overall, what race am i?
You're Asian mate

Old 12-12-2013, 04:21 PM

11,434 posts, read 19,459,889 times
This is a genealogy forum. Not appropriate for here. Thread locked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or