U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 11:29 AM

1,298 posts, read 1,422,309 times

Advertisements

The bottom one could be Sri Lankan, or maybe some type of African/East Indian mix?

Old 04-11-2013, 11:44 AM

247 posts, read 266,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectoris View Post
The bottom one could be Sri Lankan, or maybe some type of African/East Indian mix?
What makes her look mixed with East Indian? is it her nose?

Old 04-11-2013, 12:47 PM

80 posts, read 180,274 times
[quote=purple rage;29078966]Okay. so why do people presume mostly black AAs are from West Africa ? if there is a mixture of looks why are we excluded and made to feel like a separate group?

well I can't speak for other people but I've always been a bit of a history nerd and from what I've read on the issue (which hasn't been a ton), most AA's are descended from those that were brought as slaves to America from mostly west and central Africa, especially countries such as Senegal, Gambia, Angola, Ghana, Nigeria, etc. In fact, Ghana was known as the "slave coast" for a while, unfortunate but true. And for me personally, I can def. see a resemblance between AA's and west Africans, not so much with east Africans.

Do you mean darker AA's are made to feel like a separate group? In that case, I can only give a white person's perspective and say that most white people don't differentiate between light and dark AA's just like I wouldn't presume that many AA's differentiate between light and dark white people. Just my 2 cents.

Old 04-11-2013, 12:50 PM

2,058 posts, read 4,311,699 times
The two photos are not an equal comparison, so of course everyone is salivating over the girl in the bottom photo. The photo of the girl on top, appears to be a random or personal photo of an ordinary girl on the street. On the other hand, the photo of the girl on the bottom is clearly a photo from a modeling agency or model's portfolio. Comparing the looks and features of any ordinary citizen to a model is like comparing apples to oranges.

Old 04-11-2013, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
The two photos are not an equal comparison, so of course everyone is salivating over the girl in the bottom photo. The photo of the girl on top, appears to be a random or personal photo of an ordinary girl on the street. On the other hand, the photo of the girl on the bottom is clearly a photo from a modeling agency or model's portfolio. Comparing the looks and features of any ordinary citizen to a model is like comparing apples to oranges.
I was comparing ethnicity. Nothing to do with who was salivating over whom. But the bottom girl has mixed features. It seems mixed always trump just black looks all the time

Old 04-11-2013, 01:31 PM

31,385 posts, read 31,062,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purple rage View Post
Hell they could be from almost anyplace. The top woman could have been born anywhere from the western Pacific (see the Solomon Islands) to San Diego California. The young lady on the bottom could be East Africa, Israeli or even Indian.

Miss Solomon Islands

Old 04-11-2013, 02:41 PM

2,058 posts, read 4,311,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purple rage View Post
I was comparing ethnicity. Nothing to do with who was salivating over whom. But the bottom girl has mixed features. It seems mixed always trump just black looks all the time
Mixed features...where? The woman on the bottom has black skin, thick lips and kinky hair...just like the woman on the top.

You people with your superiority of white or anglo features garbage need to cut it out.

Old 04-11-2013, 02:46 PM

1,288 posts, read 2,301,512 times
First one, Sub-Saharan

Second one, at least 35% non-Sub-Saharan.

Old 04-11-2013, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timing2012 View Post
First one, Sub-Saharan

Second one, at least 35% non-Sub-Saharan.
What makes her look mixed to you?? why does the first girl look 100% sub saharan?

Old 04-11-2013, 03:12 PM

1 posts, read 2,491 times
LOL, this type of stuff definitely separates the Africans from the African Americans.

Now..Africa is a continent with Countries with people who look different. This is like saying that the Chinese would look like the Filipino, and the Filipinos should look like Indonesians lol.

"African American" ancestral roots originate in mostly West and Central/Southeastern parts of Africa...Not the East part like Somalia, Ethopia, or Eritrea, hence the genealogical comparisons of the looks for what a lot of Black Americans look like today(Like the girl in the top pic). Now...obviously we do not all look the same, but neither do a lot of people from different parts of Africa. My mom is Black American and My dad comes from Kalabsha, Aswan Egypt. I have family members that look both East African (like the girl at the bottom CLEARLY is..she is Somali in fact, I know this because I have several family members who are married to one) and some that look West/Southeastern African- which is the closest resemblance of the girl above her.

No matter what part, Africa is beautiful. Too bad so Black people are so mentally distorted about their original roots that they feel ashamed to be associated with it.

(***Now don't get me wrong..there are slaves from Eastern Africa, most of them ended up in Arab Countries though***)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy