U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 04:44 PM

247 posts, read 284,523 times

Advertisements

Why aren't Ghanians and Nigerians mixed like the Ethiopians in East Africa?

Old 04-12-2013, 05:11 PM

11,544 posts, read 26,007,961 times
What makes you think they aren't?

Old 04-12-2013, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linicx View Post
What makes you think they aren't?
Because they don't have features like the Ethiopians. And people always say i look West African and I happen to have unmixed features

Old 04-12-2013, 05:23 PM

10,586 posts, read 10,774,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purple rage View Post
Next door to my house is an Ethiopian Christian Orthodox Church. I see them arrive in the parking lot on Sunday and I have entered their place of worship a couple of times...They are wonderful people...They are white people with dark skin. I don't know if they are a mix or not. Somolians are different. The look like one huge extended family- There facial structure is distinctive...You can tell who they are at first glance...Most African nations are just large tribes that have grown over the centuries and many of them have identifiable characteristics. People do not realize that the continent of Africa is probably the most genetically varied continent on the globe.

Old 04-12-2013, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Next door to my house is an Ethiopian Christian Orthodox Church. I see them arrive in the parking lot on Sunday and I have entered their place of worship a couple of times...They are wonderful people...They are white people with dark skin. I don't know if they are a mix or not. Somolians are different. The look like one huge extended family- There facial structure is distinctive...You can tell who they are at first glance...Most African nations are just large tribes that have grown over the centuries and many of them have identifiable characteristics. People do not realize that the continent of Africa is probably the most genetically varied continent on the globe.
Yes but this doesn't explain why the West Africans are mixed...why don't they have lighter skin, eyes and straighter hair like the East Africans??

Old 04-12-2013, 05:52 PM

31,385 posts, read 32,103,545 times
Quote:
Why do you:

a. assume Ethiopians and Somalis are "mixed?"

b. if they are mixed with what?

c. Did, all Africans have the greatest genetic diversity of any human group so what could arguably state that all Africans are "mixed."

Old 04-12-2013, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Why do you:

a. assume Ethiopians and Somalis are "mixed?"

b. if they are mixed with what?

c. Did, all Africans have the greatest genetic diversity of any human group so what could arguably state that all Africans are "mixed."
why don't the west africans have lighter skin and looser textured hair like the ethiopians?

Old 04-12-2013, 05:58 PM

31,385 posts, read 32,103,545 times
Quote:
Yes but this doesn't explain why the West Africans are mixed...why don't they have lighter skin, eyes and straighter hair like the East Africans??
Ah... you know that "East Africans" include, Kenyans, Tanzania, Mozambique, a good part of Zambia and South African with Uganda and Malawi thrown in for good measure.

As for your "lighter skin, eyes, and straighter hair" learn a little genetics, anthropology, and sociology of African ethnic groups and get back to us.

Old 04-12-2013, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Ah... you know that "East Africans" include, Kenyans, Tanzania, Mozambique, a good part of Zambia and South African with Uganda and Malawi thrown in for good measure.

As for your "lighter skin, eyes, and straighter hair" learn a little genetics, anthropology, and sociology of African ethnic groups and get back to us.
Please stop running around in circles. If you can't answer my question hopefully someone else can

Old 04-12-2013, 06:08 PM

11,544 posts, read 26,007,961 times
DNA, presently, seems to indicate the largest group of humanoids are in the 1R1ba2 group in Western Europe. Primarily England, Ireland, Scotland, France, Germany, and the Dutch countries. The earliest common ancestor seemed to exist some 30-35,000 ybp. Africans are in a different group as are the Spanish, Asians, etc..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or