U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 01:26 PM

14,513 posts, read 11,495,704 times

Advertisements

My mother and father had brown eyes as I do , but only one of my four children has hazel eyes , the other three have grey blue..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2013, 02:01 PM

38,687 posts, read 45,060,825 times
My sister has one brown and one blue.

Old 06-23-2013, 03:26 PM

17,579 posts, read 21,763,821 times
Can anyone explain green eyes? And hazel eyes? Not bluish green eyes. Or light brown eyes.
True green and true hazel.

My family is FULL of Green and Hazel eyed people. Do either of these eye colors have anything to do with red hair? There seems to be a connection.

Old 06-23-2013, 03:30 PM

72,742 posts, read 64,203,456 times
It's a crap shoot. Don't worry about it, and delight in whatever fate gives you.

Old 06-23-2013, 03:50 PM

2,457 posts, read 6,091,412 times
O.K., I'm gonna get beat up for posting this but Foodmuse's post made me do it . My eyes, normally, are dark blue until about midnight then they start turning red and by the time I get home they are very red . I'm sorry

Old 06-23-2013, 07:38 PM

560 posts, read 1,068,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
My mother and father had brown eyes as I do , but only one of my four children has hazel eyes , the other three have grey blue..

Each one is a separate event. I have four brothers, no sisters.

Old 06-23-2013, 08:07 PM

21,504 posts, read 26,116,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Can anyone explain green eyes? And hazel eyes? Not bluish green eyes. Or light brown eyes.
True green and true hazel.

My family is FULL of Green and Hazel eyed people. Do either of these eye colors have anything to do with red hair? There seems to be a connection.
Understanding Genetics

Understanding Genetics

Old 06-29-2013, 02:21 AM

2,603 posts, read 3,774,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by romaman View Post
Well, my mom has blue eyes and my dad has brown eyes (hes Armenian) and as a result, I have light/medium brown eyes. If the girl I have kids with has blue has as well as BOTH of her parents, what are the chances of having blue eyes offspring? we are both white.

thanks and happy summer fellas

PS
Will the fact that my mom has blue eyes boost the chances?
The fact that you mother has blue eyes means that you carry a recessive gene for blue eyes. To have blue eyes you have the get the recessive gene for blue from both your parents. If you marry a blue eyed girl you have very high chances of having a blue eyed child 50%.

Old 07-05-2013, 12:21 AM

40,981 posts, read 32,696,264 times
My daughter and her husband both have brown eyes. There are a few green eyed people scattered throughout the family, and one grandparent with blue eyes.

My daughter is biracial (black/white) with dark eyes and hair, and her husband is a white guy of Czech lineage, with dark eyes and hair.

Imagine their surprise when they had a blonde haired, blue eyed little girl! Tongues might have started wagging if it wasn't for the fact that in spite of her unexpected coloring, she looks very much like her father and her older (brunette and brown eyed) sister! Oh, and also ironic is the fact that she's got the darker skin and her older sister's skin is almost lily white.

The girls are 8 and 6 now, and the youngest still has blonde hair and vividly blue eyes, so I think that coloring is here to stay. It's so arresting that people sometimes just stop and stare at her. Those eyes just GRAB you, ya know?

Genetics can be very surprising! Each of my four biracial kids is a very different color, with very different hair textures and features. Two of my kids definitely look biracial (think Halle Berry and Tiger Woods sort of looks), one looks Middle Eastern (and is often mistaken for someone who is Arabic), and one has a sort of Sub Saharan African look with aquiline features and dark skin.

But they do all have very dark brown eyes - like mine and like their father's.

Old 07-05-2013, 04:45 AM
bjh

26,113 posts, read 22,790,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
My sister has one brown and one blue.
That reminds me of Chinese guy: Wan Hung Lo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy