Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2016, 07:17 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Last night's was pretty good. They do go kind of fast and there isn't much in depth but I think one part that I enjoyed was the Italian woman and her dad who had the story about the macaroni business. Typical immigrants who were entrepreneurs. She wanted to know if her family had been selling macaroni back in Italy too. No, they were not. They had been carpenters. But I loved the look on the old man's face when he learned that his ancestor had his name: wasn't it Romeo?

It's good to see more genealogy programs on tv even though we all yearn for something more in depth and realistic. Take one person and really, truly delve into their past, warts and all. Take more time, follow leads, get excited, get discouraged, follow a trail, find the answer. Maybe even a reunion with new relatives. Well, we can keep dreaming...maybe someday.
That was my favorite part of the show too. I think his name was Romano but he went by "Romeo."

In my own tree I found out that I am the 5th person named my name in the family. I have a cousin of the same name and I told him he was the 4th and he was shocked. He thought he was the 2nd one with the name.

Both he and I are named after his dad (his dad died the year I was born and was my dad's favorite uncle).

I have found via genealogy research that a lot of people in my family are named after distant relatives. I was thinking of naming my own daughter after my grandmother to keep up the tradition but her name IMO was too old fashioned. She also hated her name (she was named after her grandmother) and said she would never curse a child with it lol. I actually like it but it is still too old fashioned IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2016, 09:29 AM

9,238 posts, read 22,886,893 times
I finally watched the Providence episode, and it looks like that wasn't the last one of the season. There appears to be another one next week in LA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy