U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2016, 06:58 PM

535 posts, read 309,583 times

Advertisements

Hello, I got the Y-DNA results and the MtDNA results. Anyone else got their results?
My Y-DNA: R1b1b2a1a2f*
My MtDNA: C1

And by the way, I am Hispanic from South America. Italian great grand parents, and Native Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2016, 07:57 PM
AFP

5,826 posts, read 3,504,742 times
My Y-DNA is J-M319
My mt-DNA is T2b-T16296C!
My Dad's mtDNA is H6a1a

My ancestry is Portuguese

Old 08-10-2016, 12:41 PM

450 posts, read 1,008,889 times
My YDNA is O2a2a1a1a (this is based on the latest tree: ISOGG 2016 Y-DNA Haplogroup O)

My MtDNA is M7c1c2 (this is based on the latest tree: PhyloTree.org | tree | M7)

I am Taiwanese-American in background (U.S. born). My parents are both from Taiwan. We have ancestry from 8-9 generation ago that trace back to Fujian Province, China (Southeastern China)-hence largely Southern Han background (which in itself is a mix of Han Chinese from Central China who intermarried with the aboriginal people of Southern China which consisted of the She People, Miao/Hmong People, Daic People) with possibly some Plains Taiwanese Aborigines ancestry mixed in. The early Chinese migrants to Taiwan were mostly males.

Old 08-10-2016, 01:03 PM
AFP

Quote:
Originally Posted by twnxn View Post
My YDNA is O2a2a1a1a (this is based on the latest tree: ISOGG 2016 Y-DNA Haplogroup O)

My MtDNA is M7c1c2 (this is based on the latest tree: PhyloTree.org | tree | M7)

I am Taiwanese-American in background (U.S. born). My parents are both from Taiwan. We have ancestry from 8-9 generation ago that trace back to Fujian Province, China (Southeastern China)-hence largely Southern Han background (which in itself is a mix of Han Chinese from Central China who intermarried with the aboriginal people of Southern China which consisted of the She People, Miao/Hmong People, Daic People) with possibly some Plains Taiwanese Aborigines ancestry mixed in. The early Chinese migrants to Taiwan were mostly males.
Just curious are there any studies that define the underlined component? If so I'm curious how close it is to the Negritos in the Philippines?

Old 08-10-2016, 01:35 PM

450 posts, read 1,008,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Just curious are there any studies that define the underlined component? If so I'm curious how close it is to the Negritos in the Philippines?
I believe you were referring studies on the Pingpu Plains Taiwanese Aborigines? In Taiwan there are many different aboriginal tribes. But, they are broadly classified into 2 kinds- the Plains Aborigines (referred to as "Pingpu" in Taiwan) who were native to the Western Plains of Taiwan and then there are the Eastern Aborigines who are native to Eastern Taiwan and the Mountains. The Pingpu have largely assimilated into the Han culture of Taiwan and/or intermarried with the Han. Most of the early intermarriage involved a Han male and Aboriginal female. Hence, genetically, you would look towards the mtDNA. I did have a well-known geneticist in Taiwan review my raw data and she noted that my mtDNA was very common with the one Pingpu Plains tribes- the Pazeh of Central Taiwan. Incidentally, they were native to areas including Fengyuan in Taichung County and Tanzi in Taichung County where my mother's side of the family are from and still have property there.

Here is one study which shows the mtDNA and compares the frequency of various mtDNA with the Pingpu, the Han and the other aborigines. It is also noted that the Pingpu were said to have migrated to Taiwan during the Neolithic age and they came from what is now Southern China-especially in what is now Guangxi Province, China which is in southern China that borders Vietnam. NOTE: during the Neolithic age, southern China was not yet occupied by Han people. And the study indicated possible common ancestry of the Daic people of Guangxi, China with the Pingpu people in Taiwan. I do not believe they are closely related to the Negritos of the Philippines.

See: https://www.kahaku.go.jp/research/pu...NMNS_D40_1.pdf

Also see:
http://www.pnclink.org/pnc2009/engli...t_MarieLin.pdf

http://www.pnclink.org/pnc2009/engli...t-MarieLin.pdf

Old 08-10-2016, 01:36 PM

2,922 posts, read 4,451,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozarknation View Post
Hello, I got the Y-DNA results and the MtDNA results. Anyone else got their results?
My Y-DNA: R1b1b2a1a2f*
My MtDNA: C1

And by the way, I am Hispanic from South America. Italian great grand parents, and Native Americans.
I suppose these are from 23andMe. We have the same paternal haplogroup which is common throughout Western Europe (and therefore the New World). Further testing at FamilyTreeDNA matched me to people of the same surname, although we do not know where our common ancestor came from (assume England).

Your C1 mtDNA indicates Native American on your direct maternal line. Mine is H3h which is mostly Northern European.

Old 08-10-2016, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries63 View Post
I suppose these are from 23andMe. We have the same paternal haplogroup which is common throughout Western Europe (and therefore the New World). Further testing at FamilyTreeDNA matched me to people of the same surname, although we do not know where our common ancestor came from (assume England).

Your C1 mtDNA indicates Native American on your direct maternal line. Mine is H3h which is mostly Northern European.
Yes, my Y-DNA is from Ireland. My great grandparents are from San Remo, Italy, near the French border. I guess they are related to the people from Northern Europe. Apparently this haplogroup immigrated to Southern Europe from the British Islands.

Old 08-10-2016, 05:37 PM

2,922 posts, read 4,451,006 times
Quote:
Yes, my Y-DNA is from Ireland. My great grandparents are from San Remo, Italy, near the French border. I guess they are related to the people from Northern Europe. Apparently this haplogroup immigrated to Southern Europe from the British Islands.
R1b1b2a1a2f* (R-L21) is not "from" Ireland, it probably originated near the Alps (with the original Celts), and spread south (including Italy and Spain), west and north. It has a high frequency today in the British Isles but that does not mean it came from there.

Old 08-10-2016, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries63 View Post
R1b1b2a1a2f* (R-L21) is not "from" Ireland, it probably originated near the Alps (with the original Celts), and spread south (including Italy and Spain), west and north. It has a high frequency today in the British Isles but that does not mean it came from there.
As per this map, is from the British Islands:

Old 08-10-2016, 06:20 PM
AFP

Quote:
As per this map, is from the British Islands:
Nope the map doesn't indicate that just that it is more frequently found in the Isles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or