U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2016, 12:50 PM

81 posts, read 76,916 times

Advertisements

Supposedly Fold3 has free access to WW2 records through December (as posted on family tree magazine blog). I haven't gotten around to trying it myself, but comments on the blog post indicate trouble accessing any free records, so take this with a grain of salt I guess.
Genealogy Insider - Free Access to Fold3 In Honor of Pearl Harbor's 75th Anniversary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2016, 01:29 PM

1,515 posts, read 791,304 times
Ancestry.com.au currently has 40 percent off a yearly subscription for any fellow Australians'it runs till jan 3.

Old 12-30-2016, 10:01 AM

Just got an email from Ancestry for one of their 50% off deals for US subscription ($50) or 30% off World ($99). Not sure if it's a targeted email or not, though someone on FB said they didn't get the email, so they called Ancestry and just asked them for the 50% off deal and was given the discounted price.

TOC from email
Offers end January 4, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. ET. Offers not valid for renewal of current subscriptions. Billed in one payment of $49 for 6-month subscription to U.S. Discovery or $99 for 6-month subscription to World Explorer. Your subscription will automatically renew at list price after the introductory 6-month offer. If you don't want to renew, cancel at least two days before your renewal date.

Old 12-30-2016, 11:27 AM

9,280 posts, read 20,330,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxnut View Post
Just got an email from Ancestry for one of their 50% off deals for US subscription ($50) or 30% off World ($99). Not sure if it's a targeted email or not, though someone on FB said they didn't get the email, so they called Ancestry and just asked them for the 50% off deal and was given the discounted price.

TOC from email
Offers end January 4, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. ET. Offers not valid for renewal of current subscriptions. Billed in one payment of $49 for 6-month subscription to U.S. Discovery or $99 for 6-month subscription to World Explorer. Your subscription will automatically renew at list price after the introductory 6-month offer. If you don't want to renew, cancel at least two days before your renewal date.
It was on the page when I went to ancestry before. I had to click the X to make it go away. Not sure if I got an email.

Old 01-03-2017, 10:24 AM

2,483 posts, read 2,751,093 times
If you go to Ancestry.com you will see the discount mentioned on the homepage right now, my previous subscription had run out last summer. I got the 50% off Ancestry.com subscription for 6 months (just U.S. access). It costs 49.00. This special runs through Wed 1/4/16.

I don't keep my subscription active all the time as there are times I have little for researching. I seek out the deals here and there.

Old 01-11-2017, 09:46 AM

Free access to Birth, Marriage, Death records and census records Jan 12-15 on FindMyPast, posted on GeneaBloggers
GeneaBloggers

Also Legacy is doing a bunch of free webinars - signed up for tonight's webinar on organization (7pm Eastern)
Legacy Family Tree Webinars

Old 02-17-2017, 08:30 PM

Ancestry is offering free search of UK and Irish records this weekend
Ancestry.com UK and Irish records

Old 02-20-2017, 11:34 AM

9,340 posts, read 5,849,943 times
For Black History Month, Fold3's black military records are FREE. Good stuff, have fun.

Old 02-22-2017, 10:59 AM

Family Tree DNA just sent me an email saying uploads are free. I tried to upload my ancestry file a few months ago but got an error saying they can't read Ancestry files after 2013 I believe. I just uploaded it and it worked, I'm so happy! I almost bought 4 tests last year when they were on sale for about $50 each. So glad I procrastinated and didn't buy them then! I didn't like that they don't do a family tree so had issues spending the money. I also didn't know who to give them to lol

Transfer your autosomal DNA - Family Tree DNA is the only company that allows users to transfer their autosomal DNA results from other databases to ours, and discover new matches for FREE!

It’s never been easier to find new relatives, connect more dots and expand your genealogical reach. So, if you tested your autosomal DNA with a third party, transfer today and become part of the world’s most comprehensive DNA database!

TRANSFER NOW

Last edited by Roselvr; 02-22-2017 at 11:39 AM..

Old 02-24-2017, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Family Tree DNA just sent me an email saying uploads are free. I tried to upload my ancestry file a few months ago but got an error saying they can't read Ancestry files after 2013 I believe. I just uploaded it and it worked, I'm so happy! I almost bought 4 tests last year when they were on sale for about $50 each. So glad I procrastinated and didn't buy them then! I didn't like that they don't do a family tree so had issues spending the money. I also didn't know who to give them to lol

Transfer your autosomal DNA - Family Tree DNA is the only company that allows users to transfer their autosomal DNA results from other databases to ours, and discover new matches for FREE!

It’s never been easier to find new relatives, connect more dots and expand your genealogical reach. So, if you tested your autosomal DNA with a third party, transfer today and become part of the world’s most comprehensive DNA database!

TRANSFER NOW
I have directions on how to upload multiple raw data files at FTDNA in case anyone gets stuck. Once you have the 1st one uploaded and have electronically signed it, logout of FamilyTreeDNA, then select the drop down box "DNA Tests" and select the "Autosomal Transfer". Fill out First Name and Last name of the person who's test you will be uploading and select if they are male or female and then enter your email address if you are the person who will administer this account. It will then assign you a new kit number and email you a new password for the kit. Then it will proceed to the upload DNA page.

Make sure you look for the password email. You're going to get one for each sample you upload.
You have to upload your family tree GEDcom file for each sample which is a pain in the butt but over all I have closer matches on FTDNA then ancestry.

Directions page
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy