Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2018, 05:58 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,183,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by historyfan View Post
Ancestry DNA Black Friday sale is $49 plus shipping.
You beat me to it!!! Fantastic!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2018, 05:59 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times
FTDNA is on sale for $39 today, Y-DNA for $99

To those interested in FTDNA, they allow free uploads from ancestry DNA so save your money if you've already done ancestry. See my thread that's pinned Family tree and DNA general instructions

My heritage is $49 but they also allow free uploads until December 1st See my thread for help My Heritage will start charging to upload autosomal DNA Dec 17th (extended) - FREE until then

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by historyfan View Post
Ancestry DNA Black Friday sale is $49 plus shipping.
You beat me to it!!! Fantastic!
Great price! That's the cheapest I've ever seen it! I hope people jump on it. Wish I had $60 to buy a few. There is a shipping charge of $10. People may be able to find a coupon on google for shipping or other discounts.

Ancestry free shipping coupon code - FREESHIPDNA from Groupon

If you order DNA; Topcashback and ebates give 7.5% cash back with each test. Join both sites then shop online like you normally would adding items to your cart. Once you're done open top cash back, type in the store/ website you're shopping at; it will give you the cash back link, next, hit your ebates cash back browser button, once activated go to your cart and check out. It's that easy.

Top cash back

Ebates - has a button you can add to your browser, thats the easiest way to use it.

Last edited by Roselvr; 11-23-2018 at 06:37 AM..

Old 12-06-2018, 07:37 PM

9,851 posts, read 13,698,680 times
Ancestry is buy three get one free for now. Too bad I only need three and would have no idea who to give the fourth to.

Old 12-07-2018, 01:11 PM

Email exclusive: Get 50% off all 23andMe DNA kits Posting the link from the email they sent me. I joined yesterday; they sent this today. If you're not able to use the link; make an account, hopefully they'll send you the email too

Otherwise their site shows 30% off.

I think I'm gonna finally order one for myself. It's finally low enough that I'd be crazy not to do it so I can have the experience.

Happy holidays
Enjoy the lowest price of the year.
50% off per kit + free gift wrap
Shop now
Offer ends Dec. 25. Order by Dec 17th* to receive in time for Christmas.

Last edited by Roselvr; 12-07-2018 at 01:19 PM..

Old 12-07-2018, 02:26 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,183,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
Ancestry is buy three get one free for now. Too bad I only need three and would have no idea who to give the fourth to.
Plus, with the B3G1F, you get Free Shipping, so the 4 comes out to $45 each. Great deal for someone who needs 4!

I predict by next year they'll be down at least another $10 each for a daily normal price, better in big holidays.

Old 12-07-2018, 09:11 PM

9,851 posts, read 13,698,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
Plus, with the B3G1F, you get Free Shipping, so the 4 comes out to $45 each. Great deal for someone who needs 4!

I predict by next year they'll be down at least another $10 each for a daily normal price, better in big holidays.
You can get the free shipping if you buy through amazon.

Old 12-08-2018, 04:02 AM

Ancestry free shipping code from Groupon is still valid code is FREESHIPDNA

If you're going to order tests, consider doing both top cash back and ebates. They both can be used at once on a computer.

Want to bring this quote forward as everyone still has sales. I updated prices in the quote. Y-DNA at FTDNA is still $99!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
FTDNA is on sale for $49 today, Y-DNA for $99; mtDNA IS Y-DNA for $139

To those interested in FTDNA, they allow free uploads from ancestry DNA so save your money if you've already done ancestry. See my thread that's pinned Family tree and DNA general instructions

My heritage is $59 but they also allow free uploads until December 16th See my thread for help My Heritage will start charging to upload autosomal DNA Dec 17th (extended) - FREE until then

Great price! That's the cheapest I've ever seen it! I hope people jump on it. Wish I had $60 to buy a few. There is a shipping charge of $10. People may be able to find a coupon on google for shipping or other discounts.

Ancestry free shipping coupon code - FREESHIPDNA from Groupon

If you order DNA; Topcashback and ebates give 7.5% cash back with each test. Join both sites then shop online like you normally would adding items to your cart. Once you're done open top cash back, type in the store/ website you're shopping at; it will give you the cash back link, next, hit your ebates cash back browser button, once activated go to your cart and check out. It's that easy.

Top cash back

Ebates - has a button you can add to your browser, thats the easiest way to use it.

Last edited by Roselvr; 12-08-2018 at 04:31 AM..

Old 12-08-2018, 11:53 AM

2,218 posts, read 2,940,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Email exclusive: Get 50% off all 23andMe DNA kits Posting the link from the email they sent me. I joined yesterday; they sent this today. If you're not able to use the link; make an account, hopefully they'll send you the email too

I just tried and only shows 30% off. Went ahead and created an account for the person that we want to buy the kit for and will see if we get an email in the next day or so (hope so). Thanks for letting us know! We LOVE 23andme!!

Old 12-09-2018, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRaleigh Mom View Post
I just tried and only shows 30% off. Went ahead and created an account for the person that we want to buy the kit for and will see if we get an email in the next day or so (hope so). Thanks for letting us know! We LOVE 23andme!!
You should have made the account in your own name using your email addy so that you can get the coupon to your inbox

Old 12-14-2018, 09:51 AM

6,957 posts, read 12,061,905 times
Just as I was going to re sign for Ancestry at $19.99 a month, they raised the price to $34.99 so I will wait and go to the library instead. My bad luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy