U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-05-2016, 03:30 PM
 
Location: Somewhere, out there in Zone7B
4,578 posts, read 5,888,251 times
Reputation: 4050

Advertisements

I didn't find a thread for this. If there is one, mod can combine.


This thread is to post any specials from reputable websites having sales/specials/free search days that have to do with DNA & Genealogy. If there are begin/expiration dates, please post this information within your post. If you know if there is a coupon that could be used with the special, or if you need a coupon to get the special, please post that information as well.


I just received this email today.


Regular price $99. No expiration date that I could find. Received information 12/5/2016


MyHeritage DNA is currently offered for a limited time at the introductory discounted price of only $79 + shipping, so hurry up and order your kit now at this low price.

The MyHeritage DNA test takes less than a minute to do, with a simple cheek swab. Mail the sample to our lab for analysis, and you'll be invited to view your results on MyHeritage one month later. All DNA data is kept private and secure and is never shown to or shared with anyone without your permission. See a cool video showing how our lab processes your DNA sample.

MyHeritage DNA gives you two excellent features: DNA Matching for finding relatives, including those you never knew you had, and detailed Ethnicity Estimates that map your ethnic and geographic origins. The MyHeritage DNA test takes less than a minute to do, with a simple cheek swab. Mail the sample to our lab for analysis, and you'll be invited to view your results on MyHeritage one month later. All DNA data is kept private and secure and is never shown to or shared with anyone without your permission. See a cool video showing how our lab processes your DNA sample.

MyHeritage DNA gives you two excellent features: DNA Matching for finding relatives, including those you never knew you had, and detailed Ethnicity Estimates that map your ethnic and geographic origins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-05-2016, 06:23 PM
 
3,220 posts, read 2,841,994 times
Reputation: 9321
I hope this fits in with what you're asking.

Does anyone know if onlinefamilynetwork dot org is a reputable site? I have some questions about an individual. It looks like his descendants have a tree there. I don't want to sign up unless I know it is legit.

Also, are there any drawbacks to signing up with familysearch dot org. I've been using the free info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2016, 06:23 PM
 
Location: NJ
9,270 posts, read 20,325,953 times
Reputation: 6397
I have a coupon code for Ancestry DNA every day use, $89 if anyone wants. I'll post tomorrow

_________

I got an email today from Family Tree DNA they're having a 7 day sale but you need a coupon code. I joined their site a few months ago. There may be one online if anyone is interested. You can't beat $59. Ancestry was $69 last week.
Family Tree DNA sale -
Family Finder $99 $59
mtDNA Plus $79
mtFull Sequence $199 $179
Y-DNA111 - males only $359 $319
Y-DNA37 - males only $169 $139
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2016, 10:07 PM
 
Location: NJ
9,270 posts, read 20,325,953 times
Reputation: 6397
Not sure where the familysearch.orgo question went, I use their family tree with no issues
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2016, 01:58 PM
 
Location: NJ
9,270 posts, read 20,325,953 times
Reputation: 6397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I have a coupon code for Ancestry DNA every day use, $89 if anyone wants. I'll post tomorrow

_________

I got an email today from Family Tree DNA they're having a 7 day sale but you need a coupon code. I joined their site a few months ago. There may be one online if anyone is interested. You can't beat $59. Ancestry was $69 last week.
Family Tree DNA sale -
Family Finder $99 $59
mtDNA Plus $79
mtFull Sequence $199 $179
Y-DNA111 - males only $359 $319
Y-DNA37 - males only $169 $139
Ancestry DNA $89

If you order DNA; Topcashback and ebates give 7.5% cash back with each test. Join both sites then shop online like you normally would adding items to your cart. Once you're done open top cash back, type in the store/ website you're shopping at; it will give you the cash back link, next, hit your ebates cash back browser button, once activated go to your cart and check out. It's that easy.

Top cash back

Ebates - has a button you can add to your browser, thats the easiest way to use it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2016, 08:11 PM
 
Location: Somewhere, out there in Zone7B
4,578 posts, read 5,888,251 times
Reputation: 4050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
I hope this fits in with what you're asking.

Does anyone know if onlinefamilynetwork dot org is a reputable site? I have some questions about an individual. It looks like his descendants have a tree there. I don't want to sign up unless I know it is legit.

Also, are there any drawbacks to signing up with familysearch dot org. I've been using the free info.
During a search on Familysearch.org I found information and in order to access the records to look I had to sign up and make an account. Doesn't cost anything, and you can see more. No drawbacks. Take advantage of every free source you can. This is one of the best for free!


Sorry, can't comment on the onlinefamilynetwork question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2016, 07:42 AM
 
Location: NJ
9,270 posts, read 20,325,953 times
Reputation: 6397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
I hope this fits in with what you're asking.

Does anyone know if onlinefamilynetwork dot org is a reputable site? I have some questions about an individual. It looks like his descendants have a tree there. I don't want to sign up unless I know it is legit.

Also, are there any drawbacks to signing up with familysearch dot org. I've been using the free info.
Not sure what happened the other night, was on my cell, the email notification came in with your post but it wasn't showing when I got here. I don't know if it was my cell or what.

The thread is about specials and coupons for DNA or record searches.

I looked up online family network, looks like a newer site.

I've been using family search for 6+ months, it took some time getting used to the format but I really like their search feature. I get records there that I'm not seeing on ancestry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
I didn't find a thread for this. If there is one, mod can combine.


This thread is to post any specials from reputable websites having sales/specials/free search days that have to do with DNA & Genealogy. If there are begin/expiration dates, please post this information within your post. If you know if there is a coupon that could be used with the special, or if you need a coupon to get the special, please post that information as well.


I just received this email today.


Regular price $99. No expiration date that I could find. Received information 12/5/2016


MyHeritage DNA is currently offered for a limited time at the introductory discounted price of only $79 + shipping, so hurry up and order your kit now at this low price.

The MyHeritage DNA test takes less than a minute to do, with a simple cheek swab. Mail the sample to our lab for analysis, and you'll be invited to view your results on MyHeritage one month later. All DNA data is kept private and secure and is never shown to or shared with anyone without your permission. See a cool video showing how our lab processes your DNA sample.

MyHeritage DNA gives you two excellent features: DNA Matching for finding relatives, including those you never knew you had, and detailed Ethnicity Estimates that map your ethnic and geographic origins. The MyHeritage DNA test takes less than a minute to do, with a simple cheek swab. Mail the sample to our lab for analysis, and you'll be invited to view your results on MyHeritage one month later. All DNA data is kept private and secure and is never shown to or shared with anyone without your permission. See a cool video showing how our lab processes your DNA sample.

MyHeritage DNA gives you two excellent features: DNA Matching for finding relatives, including those you never knew you had, and detailed Ethnicity Estimates that map your ethnic and geographic origins.
Thanks for starting the thread. Have been wanting to do it just haven't had time.

Have you done your DNA with My Heritage yet? I won a free DNA from them a few months ago. They were interested in my because my parents are both from Hungary. I've had it for months. Been debating sending it to my uncle in Hungary because I've already done mine with Ancestry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2016, 12:01 PM
 
Location: NJ
9,270 posts, read 20,325,953 times
Reputation: 6397
bump
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-24-2016, 02:17 PM
 
3,137 posts, read 1,642,466 times
Reputation: 5955
If you decide to go with My Heritage DNA, just be aware it can take a very, very long time to receive your kit in the mail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-25-2016, 08:28 AM
 
Location: NJ
9,270 posts, read 20,325,953 times
Reputation: 6397
Quote:
Originally Posted by tassity22 View Post
If you decide to go with My Heritage DNA, just be aware it can take a very, very long time to receive your kit in the mail.
How long is a long time? I won a kit from them, think it took about a month to get. I have not sent it back yet, want to send to my uncle in Hungary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top