U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2018, 12:19 PM

1 posts, read 78 times

Advertisements

.. Wow this is really good information .. thank you .. you are doing great .. you should visit the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints .. it is the organization for helping family and children .. really teach family values .. such as THE family value .. chastity ..

You are doing great .. your children and their children will really by grateful ..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2018, 12:38 PM

9,765 posts, read 20,668,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Lober View Post
.. Wow this is really good information .. thank you .. you are doing great .. you should visit the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints .. it is the organization for helping family and children .. really teach family values .. such as THE family value .. chastity ..

You are doing great .. your children and their children will really by grateful ..
You're very welcome.

Most of us here work on Family Search. I keep my public tree there. I have my private tree on Ancestry but do not pay for records because I can get them at Family Search for free.

Old Today, 04:30 PM

9,765 posts, read 20,668,869 times
I replied in another thread about the various genealogy DNA FB groups and want to post them here too. To go to the original thread, click the arrow in my quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I haven't uploaded my uncles to GEDmatch Genesis (a large public database) yet but will when I get my new computer; because I'll add him to the Hungarian DNA FB group which has a tool called Matchmaker that matches people in the group with their GEDmatch and Genesis kits. It's pretty cool. They also have a Scottish DNA FB group as well as Irish, British, Polish, German and Swedish to name a few. They all have the Matchmaker tool which also could help you find more of a paper trail.

I also started playing with DNA Painter to try to figure out what lines my matches are from. There's so much you can do with DNA. The more databases you're in, the better chances you have of finding your family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or