U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2018, 04:10 PM

5,045 posts, read 2,872,072 times

Advertisements

Got an email saying that they could not read my results and would need to reorder another free kit. Ok, tried to log in. Invalid password. Forgot password? Click to reset. Kept asking for OLD PASSWORD. Rejected if you cannot remember old password. HUH???

Website had no Customer Service Phone Number. Kept my old kit and that had a Phone Number. Waited on phone for half an hour. What is your email address? Sorry, have no record of that. Excuse me, but YOU emailed me that my sample could not be read. Fortunately, kept my kit number and she traced it from that. Ok, I have reset your password, go to your email and try again. Same thing. Put in your OLD PASSWORD to set your Password. On phone for half an hour. Ready to hang up but since I spent the $$$ for this I wanted my new kit and results. Just give me a NEW KIT from my OLD KIT Serial Number with my Email Address from that. I was screaming by then. Yes, Yes, we will. Confirm your Street Address. Something as SIMPLE as that????

My IT Security husband was laughing entire time I was on the phone. He said to tell them to call his Software Firm, whose clients include International Banks, and they can provide Software to solve their glitches. Thanks. Given my older daughter's results (all over the place), I am very sorry I did not submit my DNA to Family Tree, or Ancestry, as my younger daughter did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2018, 06:32 PM

7,230 posts, read 5,212,685 times
Don't know what you see.. But if I go to the site, hit "Sign In" and the "Forgot Password" link.. You enter your email and a CAPTCHA

At that point, you get an email with a link, which takes you to enter your email again, with the answer to your security question, followed by the new password, twice.

Old 01-21-2018, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Don't know what you see.. But if I go to the site, hit "Sign In" and the "Forgot Password" link.. You enter your email and a CAPTCHA

At that point, you get an email with a link, which takes you to enter your email again, with the answer to your security question, followed by the new password, twice.
Not even when Customer Service sent me a new email to change password did it work. It gave a hint to your old password and if that was not correct, you got a error message saying password incorrect. You couldn't create new one without knowing the old one. Anyway, they are sending me a new kit.

Old 01-21-2018, 06:58 PM

7,846 posts, read 12,134,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Got an email saying that they could not read my results and would need to reorder another free kit. Ok, tried to log in. Invalid password. Forgot password? Click to reset. Kept asking for OLD PASSWORD. Rejected if you cannot remember old password. HUH???

Website had no Customer Service Phone Number.
All you have to do is hover over/click the "help" option in the upper right corner and the phone number pops up in a bar below it: 1-800-239-5230 - seriously the easiest customer support number I've ever been able to find, lol.
Attached Thumbnails
My Nightmare with 23 and Me-23andmenumber.jpg  

Old 01-21-2018, 07:10 PM

4,282 posts, read 2,391,949 times
What browser did you use? I had problems with some features with Explorer but they worked OK with Chrome— now it seems to work with either one, but maybe some features or links are still out of synch.

Old 01-22-2018, 03:45 AM

74 posts, read 67,611 times
Did you link to website via e-mail or did you type in the url? It could possible be a fishing scam and they stole your password.

Old 01-25-2018, 03:48 PM

32,088 posts, read 40,291,968 times
Just saying, I got the same message from AncestryDNA, and am waiting for a new kit. I never need to re enter my password, though.

Old 01-25-2018, 04:20 PM

I used the Customer Service 800 number on my kit. They agreed to send me a new kit but the problem with my Password was never solved. I suppose I will have to go through this again when my results come in and won't be able to Sign In to read them.

Old 01-25-2018, 06:50 PM

7,846 posts, read 12,134,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
I used the Customer Service 800 number on my kit. They agreed to send me a new kit but the problem with my Password was never solved. I suppose I will have to go through this again when my results come in and won't be able to Sign In to read them.
Try a different browser, I've never had a problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or