Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2019, 06:15 AM

43,619 posts, read 44,346,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldemila View Post
I'm stumped. I have a 3rd cousin match and I can't figure out how this guy is related, though I know it's on my maternal side. I believe these are either his parents, or grandparents. He replied once with some weird message and I couldn't get out of him who his grandparents were. I've done some more searching and found where he grew up, and the name isn't that popular.

Chava, would you be so kind to see if there is any family name in either one when you have a minute? As always, you are my angel!

https://images.findagrave.com/photos...1399720831.jpg
The father is Isaac son of Eliyahu and the mother is "Matala" daughter of Rabbi Yaacov (Jacob). There are no family names/surnames written in Hebrew.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2019, 06:17 PM

5,015 posts, read 8,176,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
The father is Isaac son of Eliyahu and the mother is "Matala" daughter of Rabbi Yaacov (Jacob). There are no family names/surnames written in Hebrew.
Thanks Chava. You have been a lot of help, you have no idea. Really, you don't.

I just discovered the last sibling of my Great Grandmother!!! I am extremely excited to find this link. I don't think I'll have any other questions for a while now. If you don't mind, whenever you get a chance. I know this is his headstone. The reason I ask to see what the father's name is is because my great grandmother has her father's name as one thing, and her sister has another name. I am thinking that since she doesn't look like any of the other kids, the mother was maybe married to the brother, he possibly died, and my great grandmother had a different father, the brother.

I still have to find out if the family folklore of him committing suicide is correct. I'm hoping one of the great great grandchildren will possibly have some answers, maybe some pictures. Very excited about this.

and hey, if I can help you in ANY way, please, don't be afraid to ask. I would be happy to try and help in a search for you if I can!!!

Here's the link:

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/...photo=53454354

Old 05-16-2019, 07:02 PM

10,113 posts, read 19,394,180 times
Very interesting
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy