U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 09:04 AM

19 posts, read 8,219 times

Advertisements

Try the local library where she passed. For an uncle of mine, I contacted the library where he lived, they sent me his obit for free vial email. Many libraries have a genealogy section, with volunteers who look up things like obits. They did not require I join, just a service they offer to anyone.
Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 02:18 PM

9,882 posts, read 20,733,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickman07738 View Post
Not much.

Ms Debra Carville Curia Martin, 42
MARTIN Debra Carville Curia Martin Of Somers Point, 42

Star-Ledger, The (Newark, NJ) - Friday, January 19, 2007
Ms. Debra Carville Curia Martin, 42, of Somers Point, formerly of Roselle Park, died Jan. 14, 2007.

A memorial service will be held in the George H. Wimberg Funeral Home, 1707 New Rd., Linwood, N.J., on Friday from 6 to 8 p.m.

Ms. Martin is survived by a daughter, Angeline Curia; grandson, Robert; her mother and father, Joan and Pat Carville, and brother, Cliff. She was predeceased by a brother, Kevin.
I sent what you save me to her daughter, she was very happy to see it. It was very traumatic for her having to take her mom off of life support. She told me she wrote it with my friends adoptive mother. I don't know why husband 2 wasn't mentioned except her (A) mother probably didn't think about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Do you have a library card? Most libraries (at least where I live - and work as a librarian) have subscriptions to Ancestry or other genealogical databases, which give you full access to obituary and death records. If worst comes to worst, contact the library in the city where they passed away, and they should be able to access local papers. I used to work at the Napa CA library, and this was part of my job there! We had newspapers on microfilm dating back to the mid-19th Century, and would get frequent requests to search them for obituaries.

*For future reference, or if you want more information that wasn't already found.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mersch View Post
Try the local library where she passed. For an uncle of mine, I contacted the library where he lived, they sent me his obit for free vial email. Many libraries have a genealogy section, with volunteers who look up things like obits. They did not require I join, just a service they offer to anyone.
Thanks for the tip. I may see if I can get a printed copy for myself and her daughter.
Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or