Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2019, 07:15 AM

305 posts, read 241,100 times

Advertisements

Are you crazy? I would never send in my DNA unfortunately my sister did not share my beliefs and sent hers in so I guess they already got mine by family. This is all a trap to gather DNA info on everyone. Please do not be so gullible with with your DNA.

I tried to convince my sister but..........to no avail, thanks Sis for putting our family DNA out "there" for everyone to abuse.

Old 03-14-2019, 07:32 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,031,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClubMike View Post
Are you crazy? I would never send in my DNA unfortunately my sister did not share my beliefs and sent hers in so I guess they already got mine by family. This is all a trap to gather DNA info on everyone. Please do not be so gullible with with your DNA.

I tried to convince my sister but..........to no avail, thanks Sis for putting our family DNA out "there" for everyone to abuse.
anything to catch the serial killers and rapists is a good thing

Old 03-14-2019, 09:05 AM

23,859 posts, read 33,518,785 times
Quote:

Where exactly is her DNA at? Ancestry and My Heritage do not allow law enforcement access unless they subpoena. Ancestry allows medical testing of some sort, I had opted in but recently opted out because of the money 23 and me makes doing it with drug manufacturers. They're looking to go in business. FTDNA did allow LE in last year and just yesterday put them in their own group so that people can opt in or out of being matched. I had turned all of my matches off (8 kits one is Y-DNA), I turned matching back on mine but did not allow LE matches.

GEDmatch Genesis is a public database where LE do upload. It's helped solve cases. It's also where an organization called DNA Doe Project uploads John and Jane Doe DNA to find their names. I believe they've soved 6 or so cases in 2 years.

Old 03-14-2019, 09:23 AM

10,207 posts, read 17,857,716 times
Quote:

As I said to you the first time you decided to insult people for having a different opinion than you, no, I'm not crazy. I'm actually very well informed about the situation and therefore have made an informed decision about it, based on actual facts and not fear mongering.

Have you done DNA testing to find your ancestral heritage roots?

Old 03-14-2019, 09:46 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,650,295 times
We've already had this discussion and we need to approach this topic with a calm and reasonable attitude, not by calling people crazy. Closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.