U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 01:37 PM

3 posts, read 8,118 times

Advertisements

My maternal grandmother was born in West Virginia in 1916.

Her father, John Pendergast, died in Corinth, Preston Co., WVA in 1951. I am trying to find out when and where his wife, Margaret Gank-Pendergast, died.

John's father, Thomas Edward Pendergast, immigrated from Ireland sometime prior to the Civil War. He died in Grafton, Taylor Co., WVA in 1933 and is buried at the Mt. Calvary Cemetary. I assume that is also where his wife, Mary Bridgit Wallace-Pendergast is buried, along with two of their sons, Martin Bernard Pendergast and Thomas Edward Pendergast, Jr.

I also have Margaret Gank-Pendergast's siblings as follows:

George William Gank, died 1944 in Keyser, Mineral Co., WVA (I need his wife's maiden name and place of birth - her name was Mary Etta (Unknown) born 1872 and died 1960).

Martha Cecilia Gank, died 1959 in Elkins, Randolph Co., WVA

There are others with the names of Pendergast and Gank that I don't know where they were at time of death, that could be in WVA.

Any information on these folks would be greatly appreciated as I live in Oklahoma and it's impossible to get to WVA.

Thanks, Susan

Last edited by soffineer; 01-25-2006 at 01:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2006, 01:43 PM

2 posts, read 5,248 times
Mary Etta was my Grandmother and a delightful lady. She did die in 1960 and she and my Grandfather are buried in Oakland, Maryland.

Old 06-20-2006, 03:14 PM

5 posts, read 14,468 times
Marilyn,
This is quite strange, I was thinking about you yesterday and happened on to this site today. I am the person that had worked on the Gank Genealogy. You had sent me info that you had obtained from Germany and I had several questions, since I was in the process of updating some more info.

You can e-mail me with any questions that you have and I will respond.

Ilene (Gank) Veasel

Old 06-20-2006, 03:17 PM

Susan,
I sent the wrong e-mail to your address, but you may find it interesting anway. I lived down the road from Margaret Pendergast when I was young. She was my father's aunt. You may e-mail me with any questions that you have.

Ilene

Old 06-28-2006, 01:23 PM

Hi,
In regard to your Gank information George died in Hutton, Maryland. He is my grandfather. I never new what his middle name was. Where did you get your info. Many in the family thought it was Washington.

I'm not sure if the house in Corinth is still standing or not. But if it is I will take a picture and send it to you.

Ilene
ivwv@msn.com

Old 05-24-2007, 05:28 PM

3 posts, read 10,287 times
My Mother Is From Garrett County Maryland And Her Maiden Name Was Gank. I Am Trying To Find Information On This Family. Do You Have Any Information?

Old 11-12-2008, 11:30 AM

1 posts, read 3,222 times
Default Information for Gank-Pendergast relatives

I'm sorry I don't have information you seek but I happen to come across this website and I have papers showing my mother was born to John Pendergast and Margaret Gank in Ottaway, Garrett, Md. Her birth certificate maiden name is spelled slightly different though. I was born in the nineteen-fifites and was told they died so I never knew my grandparents or any of their history. My mother passed away in 1980.

Bill

Old 09-19-2009, 09:47 PM

1 posts, read 2,814 times
I believe George Gank (married to Mary Etta Bollinger) is my great grand father. Can anyone confirm they had a son named Joseph Earl Gank (or Earl Gank). Joseph Earl Gank was my mother's (Anna Marie Gank) father.

Old 09-21-2009, 12:58 AM

1,830 posts, read 4,768,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by csalaun View Post
I believe George Gank (married to Mary Etta Bollinger) is my great grand father. Can anyone confirm they had a son named Joseph Earl Gank (or Earl Gank). Joseph Earl Gank was my mother's (Anna Marie Gank) father.

The census confirms your information

1920 United States Federal Census
about Joseph E Gank

Name: Joseph E Gank
Home in 1920: West Oakland, Garrett, Maryland
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1899
Birthplace: Maryland
Relation to Head of House: Son
Father's Name: George
Father's Birth Place: Maryland
Mother's Name: Mary
Mother's Birth Place: West Virginia
Marital Status: Single
Race: White
Sex: Male
Able to read: Yes
Able to Write: Yes
Image: 831
Neighbors:
Household Members: Name Age
George Gank 46
Mary Gank 46
Joseph E Gank 21
Ernest L Gank 19
Gordon R Gank 17
Christina Gank 15
George R Gank 14
Bessie L Gank 12
Gilbert Gank 10
Percy Gank 8
Gladys Gank 6
Gerald Gank 5
Glenn Gank 3

Old 09-27-2009, 02:26 PM

2 posts, read 3,270 times
My last name is Gank. Earl was my uncle and Glenn was my dad. If you want to know about the Gank family. I can help. gankster@verizon.net
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or