U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 11-04-2008, 05:03 PM

3 posts, read 8,894 times
Unhappy Scandinavian cemetery

Is there anybody who could help me with headstone photos of family members who are buried in the Scandinavian Cemetery? I contacted them directly and Ms. Susie was not much help stating that I should contact family members who live there to do this for me. Since I live in Arkansas, and do not know my family members there, this is impossible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 11-04-2008, 05:13 PM

1,775 posts, read 3,209,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chelliahunt View Post
Is there anybody who could help me with headstone photos of family members who are buried in the Scandinavian Cemetery? I contacted them directly and Ms. Susie was not much help stating that I should contact family members who live there to do this for me. Since I live in Arkansas, and do not know my family members there, this is impossible.
I think you're going to have to get more specific than that. I'm not sure if there's a famed "Scandinavian Cemetary" in MN that everyone knows about, but if not just about every other cemetary in the state is going to be 'scandinavian' in its ethnic heritage and likely often in its name. What town is it in or closest to?

Unread 11-04-2008, 07:22 PM

Default Scandinavian cemetery

The Scandinavian Cemetery is in Forest Lake, Minnesota. Washington County.

Unread 11-07-2008, 12:06 PM

989 posts, read 1,698,108 times
Looks to be a old cemetary. How much info do you have on what you need a photo of?

Scandinavian CemeteryAlternate name[s]
Township
City
Forest LakeActive/Inactive
AStreet Address
8th St & South Shore DrTownship-Range
T32N - R21WSection
SWNW of 16Latitude
451552NLongitude
0925828WUSGS 7.5 map
Forest LakeCemetery type
AssociationEstablished
1870'sDriving Directions
Exit 95 east off Hwy 35 to 8th St (3rd stop light). Left on 8th St; cemetery is on left.Notes
A bronze marker with cemetery name was installed in 1998 by Washington County Historical Society.Transcription Date
(deaths before 1911) 1989Transcriber
John & Elizabeth EricksonLocation of Original
Minnesota Genealogical SocietyTitle
Minnesota GenealogistPublication Date
1989Publisher
Minnesota Genealogical SocietyPublisher Location
St. PaulPage Numbers
Vol 20, No 4, Pg 168-170MGS Call Number
PER MN GENMHS Call Number
F605.M77 A24 v.19-20LDS Call Number

Unread 11-08-2008, 03:05 PM

Default Scandinavian cemetery

I need: Frank Roosevelt Johnson b. Nov. 13, 1904 d. Nov. 20, 1975 with wife of Lillie C.

I also need: Oscar Theodore Johnson b. Sept. 9, 1894 d. Feb. 2, 1961 with wife of Anna Evelyn. He should have a veteran's grave marker and the veteran's grave registration states that he is buried in Lot 7, block 8, grave 3.

And--Andrew Johnson b. 1859 (don't know when he died) with wife of Ida C.

I hope that with the information about where Oscar is buried, that there might be other Johnson's around that are also kin such as Carl H. b. August 1899, "Babe" b. March 17, 1906 d. March 30, 1906, and a Helen Johnson. She was born in 1903 but don't know if she married so she might have a different last name.

If you can't help with photos, the dates would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Unread 11-07-2009, 04:01 PM

3 posts, read 7,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chelliahunt View Post
If you can tell me alittle about who you are looking for, I can see what I can do to get you pictures of stones at Scandinavian cemetery, Forest Lake, MN. Me and my husband just came from there. We are thinking of being buried there. Let me know what info you have and I will be glad to see what I can do for you.

MamaTweets, CG, MN

Unread 11-07-2009, 04:12 PM

Sorry I didn't see the last entry before mine. Let me know if Clifford63 was able to help, I show that all should be in this cemetery in Forest Lake, MN.

Unread 11-07-2009, 04:19 PM

If you go to this website, it lists all the Johnson's at this cemetery. Quite a few. I don't know if you received this information before. Being that your posting was a year ago. But let me know.
[url=http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~washingtoncountymn/Scandinavian/scandinavian.htm#J]Scandinavian Cemetery[/url]

Unread 11-07-2009, 06:55 PM
bjh

19,554 posts, read 10,189,727 times
Find A Grave - Millions of Cemetery Records and Online Memorials&

Try this website for findagrave.com.

They are free. They have a built in way to search for gravesites, though that depends on whether anyone has entered a gravesite on the website. You can enter the gravesite yourself if it isn't there.

Either way, you can also do a photo request. There are hobbyists all over the country who will visit local cemeteries and take a picture of the gravestone, if any, not all graves are marked. They will load the picture on teh findagrave website.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy