Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2009, 03:14 PM

2,046 posts, read 5,584,911 times

Advertisements

My child has to do a project making a four generation family tree. Is there a template or form (Free) that can be used to enter the information?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2009, 06:51 PM
bjh

60,055 posts, read 30,365,591 times
I've seen things like that. You might do a google image search...if I do I might be posting something copyrighted. Then print it out.

Also check you local library. If they have a genealogy section they may have something you can photocopy.

Or they may refer you to a local genealogy club that should be happy to let you make a copy.

Old 11-07-2009, 09:20 PM

2,046 posts, read 5,584,911 times
Thank you for your reply, as I googled I found additional information regarding publisher. I googled "using ms publisher for family tree" and there is a great tutorial by about.com that gives step by step directions on how to make it happen with publisher, and it looks fun.

Just thought I would share.

Old 11-08-2009, 07:03 AM

902 posts, read 1,925,567 times
My uncle who has mapped our family history/tree has used Legacy for many years now . The Standard edition is free .

Legacy Family Tree Genealogy Software

Old 11-08-2009, 03:24 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,096,626 times
go to familysearch.org
the mormon church...they have a great piece of software and all the info she'll need.

Old 04-04-2013, 11:59 PM

2 posts, read 4,577 times
Default family tree template information

A cousin in my family is doing a family tree geanology. I, as the 4th eldest of 13 siblings have volunteered to do our side of the family tree

I need to do my grandparents on both sides, mum and dad, 4 brothers, 9 sisters including myself, approx 19 nieces and nephews and approx 13 great grand?? nephews and nieces.

Can someone please help me to get started somewhere, somehow?

Old 04-05-2013, 12:10 AM

2 posts, read 4,577 times
Hi lovingsat?

I'm in quite a tizzy. Just checked the dates of these postings and realised that they are as old as the hills. Anyway, I noticed that you posted a question which sounds quite similar to mine. I've been googling all morning but can't find anything suitable.
I would like some template that I could send to each of my siblings, they could fill in their details and return to me. All of this has to be done by email as they are all over the world. I sincerely hope that you are still around to may be give me some advice. Am going to have a well deserved cuppa lol

Old 04-06-2013, 10:05 PM

171 posts, read 530,395 times
I got this individual work sheet
www.mymcpl.org/_uploaded_resources/MGC-individualworksheet.pdf
from this website: www.mymcpl.org/genealogy/family-history-forms

Information can be typed into the form and then saved, so it could be sent to people in an e-mail as an attachment. After they filled it out and saved it they could e-mail it back to you as an attachment.

The last section is for Census data and wouldn't, of course, generally be used for people who are still living. It's there for putting info you would find when you might be researching people who have died or who are distant or unknown to you. I hope that makes sense. You can tell people to just use that section as a blank space to add whatever other information they might want to supply.

I don't know, maybe the form doesn't have quite the information you are looking for. If not I think I can find some others.

A well deserved cuppa lol - that's funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonne62 View Post
Hi lovingsat?

I'm in quite a tizzy. Just checked the dates of these postings and realised that they are as old as the hills. Anyway, I noticed that you posted a question which sounds quite similar to mine. I've been googling all morning but can't find anything suitable.
I would like some template that I could send to each of my siblings, they could fill in their details and return to me. All of this has to be done by email as they are all over the world. I sincerely hope that you are still around to may be give me some advice. Am going to have a well deserved cuppa lol

Last edited by linden52; 04-06-2013 at 10:16 PM.. Reason: additional info
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy