U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2010, 10:32 AM

2,820 posts, read 4,913,118 times

Advertisements

Question for all the potiential relocateors out there......Why must people/posters in the forum bash others for their strong opinions regarding their hometown or the future place they want to relocate to....Posters need to understand that it take $$ money to move.... and trust me as soon as most of are able you can best believe we are out of our respectable current cities... Were' just biding our time getting our finances together.As much as we would like to just pick up and go...we cant......I often wonder if posters bash other posters for picking up and relocating, because they don't have the "guts' too......Sorry for the rant..but had to get that off of my chest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2010, 10:38 AM

15,764 posts, read 9,500,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastbabe View Post
Question for all the potiential relocateors out there......Why must people/posters in the forum bash others for their strong opinions regarding their hometown or the future place they want to relocate to....Posters need to understand that it take $$ money to move.... and trust me as soon as most of are able you can best believe we are out of our respectable current cities... Were' just biding our time getting our finances together.As much as we would like to just pick up and go...we cant......I often wonder if posters bash other posters for picking up and relocating, because they don't have the "guts' too......Sorry for the rant..but had to get that off of my chest.
I haven't been posting on this forum - nor have I seen what bashing you've observed. However, your argument might be more effective if you yourself hadn't resorted to bashing those who don't do as you do or as you plan to do (by saying non-movers don't have guts).

Regardless of which sub forum, you'll always find a few people who are ready to pounce on each other at the slightest provocation.

Good luck with your move.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:59 AM

5,703 posts, read 16,124,906 times
Quote:
When I first joined CD, I was looking to move to NC. I asked if not being very religious would be a problem for me. I have a friend that lives in the south and in her area she said I wouldn't make it there unless I went to church. So knowing nothing about NC I asked if it would be a problem. I was pretty shocked by one person's reply. He went off! He yankees move to the area and want to change the south. I wasnt looking to change anything, I just wanted to fit in. I find most of the time people on CD are very helpful but occasionally you run into a nut.

Old 07-20-2010, 10:09 AM

34 posts, read 92,435 times
Quote:
Hey!
Um, I've never seen anything like that before here but I haven't even been on the boards for a week yet lol I have, however, gotten attitude for not being "in the know" about different cities and states as if I'm "stupid" for not knowing about places I've never been. I say let it roll off your back! There are soooooooooooooooo many helpful and friendly people here that you should just add the ones who aren't to your ignore list! Don't let it discourage you.

I take it you are saving up for your move huh? Well, you aren't alone when it comes to money issues. I'm waiting on a settlement to be able to move. If it weren't for that I would have been out of Portland as of yesterday! lol I am keeping myself busy by getting rid of the things I don't want to take (yard sale) and other little things. Like I said don't let anything discourage you!

-Winter

Old 07-20-2010, 11:09 AM

2,820 posts, read 4,913,118 times
Thanks for the vote of confidence.....Girl..it's work in progress....I just have to learn patience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues