Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2011, 10:11 AM

448 posts, read 1,055,021 times

Advertisements

i found out last night my neighbors brother is in prison for murder and he's getting out in 2012 i got her mail in my mail box but didn't open it and she told me her brothers getting out for murder . don't they have places for these criminals like halfway houses. i feel threatned to move out of my home i own my own loft so maybe if i tell the board they won't allow it

Last edited by ganto_2010; 02-01-2011 at 10:24 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2011, 10:19 AM

1,518 posts, read 3,055,756 times
You do realize that 2010 was last year, right?

Old 02-01-2011, 10:21 AM

6,558 posts, read 8,387,833 times
Well, 2010 has already come and gone so I'm guessing he's already out.

Does he frequent your neighbor's house often? Do you know the circumstances surrounding the crime? I mean, did he just commit a random murder or was he enticed?

What I would do is...don't tick off the neighbor, don't tick off the brother and mind my own business.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:25 AM

my bad waking up but it's 2012 and was typing to fast

Old 02-01-2011, 10:29 AM

2,903 posts, read 12,532,935 times
Well, it's already 2011, so it might already done.
You do not know the circumstances. It could have been many years ago. It could have been a domestic situation.

I am not making light of this, and I am in NO WAY a bleeding heart liberal type....but I think you are getting all worked up without knowing the facts. You walk by hundreds of people daily in a mall, store, etc. Among them are ex-cons, sex offenders, whack jobs, druggies, etc. You just do not know. I just do not live in fear over things I cannot change.

People do change, and you do not know the circumstances. I know a person that years ago got in a street fight. He punched a guy in the nose, the guy fell down cracked his head on the curb. The guy spent many years in prison for killing the person. He was not a nut job.

Now on the other hand, if this person was found to be a nut case, etc, you might want to protect yourself a bit more, locking doors, having wasp spray around and by the bed, etc.....but all you know is that he was convicted of murder at one time, and paid his debt. Your association could not and should not do anything about that.

If you are upset, just mind your business. do not antagonize him, and if you do not want to you do not have to be best friends. He probably does not want any trouble......so do not cause any.

Frank

Old 02-01-2011, 10:35 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,104,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganto_2010 View Post
i found out last night my neighbors brother is in prison for murder and he's getting out in 2012 i got her mail in my mail box but didn't open it and she told me her brothers getting out for murder . don't they have places for these criminals like halfway houses. i feel threatned to move out of my home i own my own loft so maybe if i tell the board they won't allow it
What is it you're trying to prevent? Him getting out?

Old 02-01-2011, 10:44 AM

@faithfullfrank
she told me his release date is in december. i'll just be casual and if hesays hi i'll say hi back. i'll lock my doors at night and keep mace beside my bed. i agree he has paid his debt and not knowing what happened it was just shocking to hear. yes people do change and we walk by excons everyday they just mind there own bussiness and go on with there life most of the time. i keep to myself anyways if he says hi i'll just say hi back. i don't know if this person is a nut case i'll find out in december though hopefully he's not though. i guess i could question his sister in a nice way ofcourse.

Old 02-11-2011, 10:24 AM

Default none

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
What is it you're trying to prevent? Him getting out?
no people do change and who knows what the sircumstances were

Old 02-16-2011, 11:26 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,104,727 times
I'm still confused as to what you are trying to accomplish.

You said:

1. "If I tell the board, they won't allow it." Won't allow WHAT? Him getting out or something you haven't mentioned yet?

2. "i'll just be casual and if hesays hi i'll say hi back. i'll lock my doors at night and keep mace beside my bed."
Is the brother who is getting out for murder MOVING INTO HIS SISTER'S HOME? If so, are you sure? Is THAT what you're trying to prevent? Is that what the letter you did not open says?

Is it murder or manslaughter? You DO know that manslaughter can be the result of a DWI accident?

I think you need to calm down. First, you haven't provided important info - such as why you are afraid of him getting out of prison or what you are trying to prevent. Where is he going to live? You haven't said. Will he be out on parole or finished serving his time?
It DOES make a difference.

Old 02-18-2011, 10:40 AM

usialy condo complexes are strict about who they let in i had a background check to see if i had a record.
his sister said he would be moving in with her once he's out.
he shot his wife and kid they got him for murder and his sister told me last night they extended his time to 2020 not 2012. and yes annie i know man slaughter can be a result of a dui accident as well as falling asleep at the wheel and killing everyone. as far as him being out on parole when he's out i don't know. i don't think id'e want him next to me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues