Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 02:33 PM

415 posts, read 2,330,028 times

Advertisements

PLEASE PEOPLE< If you are going to give everything you own to someone you don't know< PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be more concerned about who they are than how cheap can you move. the cheaper you go, the cheaper you get. Just facts, you CAN NOT get a quality move from someone offering to do it for 50% less than what a major mover like, Mayflower, United, North American would do the move for.

Old 10-09-2011, 02:07 PM

1 posts, read 740 times
Had a unique experience with them - one I hope NEVER EVER happens to anyone ever again. I would not with this on my worst enemy........On approx. Aug 1 I contacted BUILD MY MOVE to arrange a cross country move from Wisconsin to North Carolina. Their website advertised that they 'SERVE ENTIRE NATION'. We communicated in great detail what my expectations were to do (box up items) etc. There was never a CLUE or HINT that there were any problems. The move was scheduled for August 26th (pick up). I could have contracted with atleast a dozen other companies which I declined because I trusted BBM and they assured me this would be no problem for them. On the 12th of August, I 'e-signed' a contract and paid for the entire move with my AMEX card (which WAS processes and charged). On the 24th of August, there were some news reports of a incoming hurricane to the area I was moving (Wilmington). so I called and pleaded with BBM to hold off and schedule the move for 2 days later (Aug 28th or so) to avoid the bad weather. They said NO, so we were still on board for the 26th. Then, on the 25th of August, I was called by the supervisor saying they were going to change the move to the 30th of August(THEIR choice). We then, once again talked via phone as to the details of the move and was once again coached as how to prepare for it (leave clothing in drawers, etc). Then, out of the blue I was sent an email by 'Monique' - saying QUOTE:

Cancelation of Move- Orders #4912,4913,& 4914

" I am sorry to advise you that because of the area you are in we have been unable to find providers for your load and unload set for 8/30 and 9/4, we have tried without end to find providers and we have been unsuccessful. At this time we have no choice but to cancel your move. We apologize sincerly, I tried calling you and your wife on the numbers that were provided to us but there was no answer I also left you a message. Again we apologize for the inconvience.

Sincerly,

Monique
BuildMyMove

7245 W. 95th St

Overland Park, KS 66212

There WERE no calls and our phones were on as the company had our cell phone numbers (their requirement).
Thats it. Now, its 2 days after the original move date, one day before the rescheduled move day. Our house is 'box city' to the roof. We are sleeping on the floor, and have the incoming tenants (who gave notice from THEIR apartment) breathing down our neck. Out of desperation, we had to call around and found a company that could facilitate the move, but not until the 3rd of September. We had to pay them an extra $2,000 up and above their normal price for being able to provide a rush service. Also, we had to pay the family who was going to move into our house a month storage unit for their items, and 3 nights hotel at $80 per night. A heartfelt apology was never given. Phone calls to try and recover our losses were never returned. To add insult to injury, the credit card WAS charged the full ($6,900 charge) and we had to make ADDITIONAL phone calls to get them reversed. A complete and total nightmare. Had I a CLUE that this company could not fulfill their contract, I would have contracted with someone else. They however waited until the last day to inform us costing us much money and unnecessary stress. If they do not honor their contracts, then what is the purpose of them. I am SURE that if *I* had canceled a day before the move I would have been charged thousands. I have run businesses in the past, and if I have ever had run into logistic problems, I would personally (use a competitor, done it personally) do whatever it took to fulfill my obligation. All I am looking to do is recover my additional out of pocket expenses. There can be no monetary value assigned to the stress and lost sleep this caused.

we'll see what happens. Because this company is en essence a 'middle man' when things go south, they wash their hands of it and act as if they have no choice or option. VERY VERY unprofessional.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:08 PM

4 posts, read 32,012 times
You might go to their sponsors

[url=http://fiveelms.com/?news=buildmymovetm-secures-growth-funding-from-five-elms-capital/]BuildMyMove Secures Growth Funding From Five Elms Capital | Five Elms Capital[/url]

Old 01-03-2012, 11:12 PM

4 posts, read 32,012 times
Default Check their monetary sponsors might help you

[url=http://fiveelms.com/?news=buildmymovetm-secures-growth-funding-from-five-elms-capital/]BuildMyMove Secures Growth Funding From Five Elms Capital | Five Elms Capital[/url]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues