Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 06:20 PM

19 posts, read 69,116 times

Advertisements

I'm trying to find user reviews for this company, but can't find anything! Maybe i'm not looking in the right place... Has anyone had any experience with them? We're planning a cross-country move and their rates are a bit better than ABF.

Anyone?

Thanks!

Old 03-23-2011, 09:27 PM

521 posts, read 4,412,358 times
The reason that you probably can't find any information is that Build My Move is a Kansas limited liability company that was just registered on September, 7, 2010. https://www.accesskansas.org/bess/fl...execution=e2s3

Neither their Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration motor carrier operating authority or household goods brokerage authority have been approved by the U.S. Department of Transportation. Authority History

With just one (1) tractor SAFER Web - Company Snapshot BUILD MY MOVE LLC , it's sorta hard to figure out how Build My Moves rates can be better than ABF, a general freight common carrier that operates over 3800 tractor and 6700 trailers throughout North America. SAFER Web - Company Snapshot ABF FREIGHT SYSTEM INC

Old 03-24-2011, 11:17 AM

3 posts, read 15,139 times
We just filed for our DOT Authority and waiting for them to update our status - We work within Class 100 Freight and also HHG Broker # until our Authority is finalized, Thank you for trying to help this potential customer. I'd point anyone to the BBB - I've been in the business for over 22 years and launched BMM on it's own last March - Just moved our corporate office from PA to KS at the end of last year. Also check out our MC# under Handy MarketPlace, LLC as that was our previous name before I launched under BMM

Would also like to put out there that I spent 2 years developing better technology to give consumers all the options available to them - Our trucks come with pads/straps/ramps/dollies you're correct, wasn't easy to build this very affordable and quality driven system but we did it. We're also the only company that includes valuation on every single move and underwritten by an A+ carrier -***MOD CUT***

Regards,

Dan

Last edited by faithfulFrank; 03-24-2011 at 08:03 PM.. Reason: ***MOD CUT***- no ads allowed

Old 03-24-2011, 12:22 PM

Then I guess I'm confused.

'Class 100' refers the National Motor Freight Classification rating system used by general freight common carriers, not licensed full-service interstate household goods movers.

Freight trailers generally don't come equipped with “pads/straps/ramps/dollies”. Federal laws and insurance stipulations prevent common carrier drivers from loading and/or unloading a customer's cargo under Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration and most state Department of Transportation or Public Utility regulations. The FMCSA carrier application shows Build My Move has only licensed and registered one (1) tractor.

The motor carrier operating authority granted for Handy Marketplace LLC (
MC# 710933 ; Authority History ) was only issued in June, 2010, just three months ahead of BMM. That suggests that neither company has established a credible work record or complaint history with the BBB at either location.

It's a little misleading to tell inexperienced and unsuspecting consumers that “We're also the only company that includes valuation on every single move...”, especially when it's the default requirement under the federal consumer protection regulations as explained in Understanding Valuation and Insurance Options https://www.protectyourmove.gov/cons...-insurance.htm as outlined in 49 CFR Part 375.505 Must I write up a bill of lading? - Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration

How can your claims ratio be “less than the large Van Lines” when your companies haven't been in operation a year yet and still don't have any interstate motor carrier operating authority to handle a customer's household goods or personal property?

It sure seems a little premature to talk about either the value of the pricing or the quality of the moves until your company gets a whole lot more customer service experience under your belt.

Old 03-25-2011, 05:20 AM

Would love to chat further on this subject if you have time via phone - My personal cell 717-808-4031, Will you be at ERC in May? We'll be there at booth 110... Dan

Old 03-25-2011, 09:48 AM

415 posts, read 2,333,642 times
Default Moving Broker ?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielCunningham View Post
We just filed for our DOT Authority and waiting for them to update our status - We work within Class 100 Freight and also HHG Broker # until our Authority is finalized, Thank you for trying to help this potential customer. I'd point anyone to the BBB - I've been in the business for over 22 years and launched BMM on it's own last March - Just moved our corporate office from PA to KS at the end of last year. Also check out our MC# under Handy MarketPlace, LLC as that was our previous name before I launched under BMM

Would also like to put out there that I spent 2 years developing better technology to give consumers all the options available to them - Our trucks come with pads/straps/ramps/dollies you're correct, wasn't easy to build this very affordable and quality driven system but we did it. We're also the only company that includes valuation on every single move and underwritten by an A+ carrier -***MOD CUT***

Regards,

Dan

Read the info at http://www.protectyourmove.gov

Never use a broker and never use someone who does not come to the house to provide a compete and accurate cost. Very Very Risky ! ! !

Old 03-25-2011, 05:11 PM

Default Glad we're not Brokering

Please find this very useful ONLINE tool that allows customers to find out what they truly have without someone coming to their home Moves Online - The industry is changing and options are becoming readily available to anyone who is willing to look for them.

Old 03-25-2011, 05:46 PM

The MovesOnline web-generated inventory is one of the two new products that ReloVision Move Management Software has developed specifically for the moving industry.

ReloVision is a Canadian based company that has harnessed the 'always on, always open' popularity of the internet to make their user-generated inventories available to both the moving industry and their customers.

Several weeks ago the company announced the release of their beta version of the Click and Move iPhone inventory app. The iPad version is still in development but expected out in late April, just before the start of the peak moving season.

This means that anyone interested in using the new mobile features will be able to simply and easily complete an accurate household goods inventory and list their move specifications on their iPhone (or other smartphones) and/or iPad web-enabled technology.

Relocating consumers, for example, who don't want to be inconvenienced by scheduling multiple in-house estimates will be able to download the app from iTunes and then use it at their leisure to input their personal relocation requirements, including a complete list of household items.

The list can be amended and modified as often as necessary to ensure accuracy. Once completed, users can then submit the inventory and scope of required services to up to three (3) registered moving companies.

Although the results are essentially the same as the MovesOnline inventory, the mobile app make using the features easier since it allows the user to move freely from room to room.

CLICKandMOVE unveils new user generated inventory app | RELO Roundtable...a gathering place

Customers like web-generated estimates! Why don't movers? | RELO Roundtable...a gathering place

Last edited by RikkiTikki; 03-25-2011 at 05:55 PM..

Old 06-18-2011, 07:55 AM

2 posts, read 5,704 times
I am in the middle of a BuildMyMove move and I would tell anyone who is considering using them not to. I am in the middle of the worst moving experience of my life and I've moved a lot. My wife found this site prior to our move and called Mr. Cunningham. Mr. Cunningham told her about wireless web cams in the truck to monitor packing quality, about knowledge of estimating and binding estimates. This is all a lie, there was nothing in the truck but straps. The quote was not binding, or at least hasn't been so far. Also, we called a week ago to address these issues with BuildMyMove and they have spinelessly not returned any of our messages. We contacted BuildMyMove to pack and move us. Their packers packed roughly 60% of our belongings and left piece of things on the floor, like pot lids and random pieces of cutlery. Single books didn't make it into boxes. I found a pot top on the sidewalk outside of our building. Finally, my wife and I had to step in and pack things to make sure they actually made it. This was obviously just the packing crew, however, the truck that BuildMyMove sent ran into and brought down a street lamp. Yes, the truck removed a street lamp in the process of leaving our home. I realize that saying these things while the company is still in possession of our property is not a good idea but it also shows how little faith I have that we'll ever see any of it again anyway.

Old 06-21-2011, 08:12 AM

1 posts, read 4,215 times
Default Run away from Build my move

Just used them for a cross country move. Every single household item that came off the truck was broken or damaged! they sent inexperienced movers and they just threw my furniture into the truck without covering them. my 50 inch flat screen broken, mattress is filthy, sofa broken, night stand broken, broken glass and the list goes on and on. Do yourself a favor and run away from this company as fast as you can!!!!!!! They simply suck!!!! I now have to deal with the BBB and insurance to get ,my household stuff fixed or replaced. definitely an unneeded stress!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues