Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 06:04 AM

26,687 posts, read 41,580,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgmv90 View Post
Has anyone ever moved because the neighbors continue to be terrible?
While my move is more for living independently and closer to work, I won't miss my next door neighbor. They have a bad habit of playing blaring music from their car at any time. Want to act like they are from the hood, which is no mentality to have when you are living in a nice new neighborhood. Thankfully, it looks like they beat me to the door as there is a for rent sign in their yard.

Usually, any bad neighbors we've had have left before we did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 02:27 PM

80 posts, read 151,060 times
I saw this article the other day, speaking of horrible neighbors. Their story is tragic: Michael J. Capretta--Neighbor Who Killed Dog, Stored Dead Cats in Freezer--Sued Post-Suicide for Being Worst Neighbor Ever - Seattle News - The Daily Weekly

Old 04-13-2011, 03:51 PM

14,785 posts, read 23,988,140 times
i used to think I lived in the neighborhood from hell but after reading all of these I think i must have it pretty good and i hope the next complex I move into is better than some of you have had it . Wow .

Old 04-13-2011, 06:20 PM

2,053 posts, read 4,803,701 times
I used to be a big fan of apartment living. Now you couldn't pay me to live in an apartment unless it is on the last floor and mine is the only unit on that floor. Even so, I would think twice.

I have had pretty much every kind of neighbor under the sun. They were not crazy or anything, but the daily stomping, excessive noise, parking the car on my parking space "by mistake", holding elevators to chat with their friends when I am in a hurry to go to work, peeking into my grocery bags, etc. grates on one's nerves, that is for sure.

As much as house living is not what I really prefer, the benefit of not having to deal with annoying people is priceless. It is a house, and one with a high fence, for me.

Old 04-13-2011, 06:24 PM

1,786 posts, read 3,452,290 times
I actually lucked out and got transferred out of the country for my job just before I was reaching breaking/moving point with my neighbors. It seemed I was surrounded. Below me I had the simply neurotic, wiry, bookish guy and his wife. If I so much as entered my apartment door, he would be hammering on the ceiling and raving like a lunatic about the noise. His wife forgot her keys one day and knocked on my door. After seeing the shy, quiet, nervous mouse - I didn't want to add to her woes by telling her what a ******* her hubby was. It looked like she clearly knew.

Above me, I had the wildly energetic NYU film students who came and went, happily banging their way, at all hours. In addition to that, they seemed to think we were part of a movie studio since I would come home around 11 pm only to find incredibly BRIGHT floodl/spot lights glaring, heavy duty cables and wires dangling down the staircase, extras and crew hanging out in the hallway, staircase, stoop, my front door ... And of course, the equipment/props being dragged across the bare wooden floors.

All this would have been slightly tolerable, but then the apartment building next door (and attached to my building) was sold and wouldn't you know my luck? It became a mosque. Seriously. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but you need to understand the call to prayer FIVE times a day - and yeah - you hear the call - then the muted chanting (they really did try to keep it on the down-low, but that many men saying the same prayer out loud - well, it's bound to be above a whisper). And of course, if there was not room inside the mosque, the particpants thought nothing of assuming the position on the sidewalk, facing Mecca, and letting the ritual begin.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:13 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,800,117 times
I had a very nice house in northwest Arkansas, nothing behind me but woods. Came home one day and graders were making a road next to me and behind me. A month later frames of new homes were going up. The morons who bought the house behind me had 8 Pomeranains they kept outside. Those stupid dogs barked 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Talked to the neighbors they would just laugh, that Deliverance banjo playing laugh. I called the city, the county, animal control, nothing was ever done. I couldn't sit on my patio or work my garden without listening to these dogs bark. At night, when I'm trying to sleep, those dogs barked. After 4 years I had enough, sold the house and moved to Colorado. I don't hear them anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues