Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 11:02 PM

308 posts, read 600,257 times

Advertisements

Wow!1 Such a motivated mom you have there!!!

I suggest looking at apartments that offer section8 rentals and take her there. Give her a pay as you go phone and have her call you or your siblings to run errands for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spl1981 View Post
Thanks for all the advice guys. BTW, I'm a guy.

I have 2 sisters, but neither one really wants to deal with the situation. One of them is 25 and just got a new apartment not too long ago with her fiance. My dad was actually living with them before they moved but he's a severe alcoholic and they ended up having to kick him out. The last thing they want is another person with severe issues. She's offered to help find alternatives but said there's no way that my mom or my dad will be able to live with them because of all the drama. My other sister is 23 and isn't on speaking terms with either of my parents.

I agree that we are going to have to go back to social services and figure out what the options are if we aren't living together. I do get the feeling that she's using me so that she doesn't have to move on with her life. She keeps complaining to me that she doesn't know what she's going to do once I'm gone, but every suggestion I give her she finds some reason to shoot down. I told her tonight that we should go to social services tomorrow morning before I go to work and her response was that she hasn't taken a shower in a few days. I said well you could take a shower tonight and she pretty much blew it off and said she didn't feel like it.

So frustrating...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues